Best choice of hotel in Port Everglades vicinity

ijkh

We are looking at a two night stay prior to a cruise after Thanksgiving in Fort Lauderdale. We have booked at the Hyatt Place 17th St using points. We have a variety of choices using Hilton (but not enough for Ritz Carlton) Are any of the choices superior. We have looked at the Embassy Suites, Hampton Court, and some others. Any recommendations between any of these hotels for two nights?

We are looking at a two night stay prior to a cruise after Thanksgiving in Fort Lauderdale. We have booked at the Hyatt Place 17th St using points. We have a variety of choices using Hilton (but not enough for Ritz Carlton) Are any of the choices superior. We have looked at the Embassy Suites, Hampton Court, and some others. Any recommendations between any of these hotels for two nights?

We've stayed at Embassy Suites and Hyatt Place...either is a good choice...but as of our last stay this past March at HP I'm now leaning a bit more towards it...Embassy rooms are looking a bit dated and dark plus if it's a concern (and it is to me) they have no in-room safe.

If you have a car rental and returning the rental to the airport anyhow, I would suggest looking at places right outside the port vicinity. You will save some money. We stayed in Plantation area last time and it is a nice short drive in the morning. For my upcoming cruise I'm booked at the Four Points Sheraton Airport/Cruise hotel for a few days but may change it to be closer to other stuff I want to be nearer to.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

Interestingly the Embassy Suites using Hilton points came out that we still had to pay a small sum of money. The Hyatt Place was very "cheap" in points for us. 16,000 Hyatt points for two nights. I am also considering maybe the Marriott because it is on the beach. We won't have enough points for another few weeks or so. One other option is Hampton Inn which we have enough points to stay free. I see it has a shuttle which might be more convenient than Uber/Lyft.

We were planning on using Lyft or Uber instead of renting a car. I hope it works ok down there. It is just fine for our purposes. This is our first trip to Ft L. Since we will be without a car transportation may be a bit of an issue. I had foot surgery this year really long walks aren't comfortable. I hope this general location will be convenient.

Hyatt Place, altho not on the beach and just off a popular busy street(17th st.), is just a few minutes from the port. It has restaurants and stores within blocks. Too the sun trolley runs by so you can get to other areas including the beach. A 5 min. Uber ride to the port in the morning.

Uber is easy, popular and cheap in the city. Choose Hyatt Pl over Hampton Inn. Better location.

Hyatt Place is a great location right next to the Harbor Shops that has a Publix market, restaurants and several shops and is a very popular area for pre-cruise without the need for a car. They also offer a free pretty good hot breakfast and a shuttle from FLL to the hotel for $2.00 per room. They offer a shuttle to Port Everglades but easier, cheaper and quicker to use Uber or a taxi.

I agree with the others who suggested Htatt Place on 17th street. I liked there were restaurants within walking distance and also stores for any last minute items.

We enjoyed Duffy"s which is in the shopping plaza next to the hotel andf good pub food and 2 for 1 drinks!!

Have a great cruise.

Hilton Marina. Everything you need is right there. Restaurants, Tiki Bar, pool, Starbucks and more. Been staying there for years. Actually staying there pre Thanksgiving cruise on the Regal. Wherever you stay enjoy!

Hilton Marina. Everything you need is right there. Restaurants, Tiki Bar, pool, Starbucks and more. Been staying there for years. Actually staying there pre Thanksgiving cruise on the Regal. Wherever you stay enjoy!

Can you walk across the draw bridge? As if heading to the beach?

Considering the Courtyard by Marriott on Fort Lauderdale beach. Any opinions?

Also, Uber is GREAT in Fort Lauderdale. My husband and I used it a few times when we were there in June. Really convenient, much cheaper and had way better conversations with the drivers than I ever had with a taxi driver.