Back after 4 years! Can you tell me what's changed with Royal Caribbean?

Welcome back!

The wifi is great now, a big improvement over four years ago. Download an app (hangouts and whatsapp worked well for us) and use the internet to talk to people back home.

We have noticed some other changes in the past four years, but whether they are positive or negative are, as with most things, a matter of perspective. The size of dinner servings in the main dining room has decreased, which we are happy for. We are a family of four and, I think, pretty big eaters but on cruises in years past always had a good deal of food waste. Now we each order an entree and order one different one for the table which we sample. Much less waste and we get to have the boys try something they might not have otherwise tried. If you like larger portions just order a second entree or tell them to put a second steak on your plate.

The selection has also appeared to decrease. Our last cruise was 13 nights and the menu was starting to get tedious by the last couple of nights. I know many people on here cruise multiple times a year and I could see the menu options being a problem for them. I think if you had a week long cruise or only cruised once a year you wouldn't notice as much.

The dress code has also been relaxed, which as an informal type of family we also view positively. I think it is great that some people like to dress up and I think they should keep doing it no matter if the rules have been relaxed or not.

The past couple of cruises we have taken have been on the Grandeur. The crew has always been friendly and accommodating. The waitstaff at the last cruise was the best we have ever had. Enjoy your cruise and keep in mind how blessed we all are to be able to broaden our perspectives and see this beautiful world of ours.

Since you are on Freedom, here are the changes you might notice.

Better wi fi

More people are casual on formal night.

We've found the dinner quality has come up in Windjammer and gone down a little in the MDR

Good meals to be had in the specialty restaurants

Fewer waiters around the pool

Probably be more changes before February

And as MM said, the coupons are still there. There will be a sheet in your stateroom listing them and they are already loaded on your seapass.

It's been about ten years for us, we have been on Celebrity a lot. Going on Navigator in Dec. and we are aware of some changes but what is this I see about booking the entertainment? We are used to just going to the show after dinner, I can't see the demand being such that we need reservations for seats. Someone please explain

J

It's been about ten years for us, we have been on Celebrity a lot. Going on Navigator in Dec. and we are aware of some changes but what is this I see about booking the entertainment? We are used to just going to the show after dinner, I can't see the demand being such that we need reservations for seats. Someone please explain

J

No pre-cruise entertainment reservations for Navigator.

J

No need to book entertainment reservations on Nav OTS. Only Oasis and larger class.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums