Advise on changing room on independence or waiting to see what September promo is?

Hi just wondering can any of you lovely people offer advise on this please. We booked 2 cabins a couple weeks back for our family of 6, 2 adults and 4 children 15,12,9 & 6. We have a D1 balcony for 4 and inside category L for 2. Well as you do I went back and checked prices to find the price had dropped considerablely. We have only paid a deposit however that was £1500. The price we paid was £7397 that was with 2 hotel rooms the night before the cruise in the Hilton Fort Lauderdale. Royal Caribbean price is £5700 for the same 2 rooms plus internet in each room. Nothing I can do I understand that. I was advised to speak with my TA as people said sometimes you are allowed 1 change. I done this and at 1st she said we could but when I mentioned about the hotel rooms she told me we was on a different rate so that wasn't allowed. I then asked about us possibly upgrading the inside to a balcony as I didn't think it would be that much more. She said we could wait and see what promotion they offer in September when it changes but the only 1 we would benefit from would be the drinks package and she's not sure obviously what the offer will be but said a drinks package may not be likely with the cruise being in December this year. She spoke with RC and she come back with a good offer however husband as a few issues with this. So she has said we can upgrade the inside L cabin to a balcony and this way we could have 2 interconnected rooms on deck 10 AFT 1390 and 1392. We could keep the hotel rooms the night before we can't have the wifi but she could bring the price down by around £400.

Now husband issue is this, we have 2 sons who are autistic they are 12,9. The plan would be to have the 15,12.9 in 1 room with the interconnected door open and 6 year old daughter in with us. We would sometime soon go for a evening meal while 3 kids would be in kids club but 15 year old would be able to stay in his room. He's concerned about the balcony, would we spend our time shouting telling them to stay in from there. We made a rule last year when we had a balcony and a inside that none of them could go out there unless with a adult but that's a little hard with 15 year old. I can understand his reasons however I'm thinking we are being offered a better deal with a bigger room and it's less money plus better still is its interconnected. Another thing I see we don't know anything really about cruising so what does AFT mean?

Lastly what type of promos are RC likely to offer in September when it changes considering we go in December?

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

I have no idea and I doubt anybody else has, what their UK promo for Sept. will be.

An AFT balcony cabin means it´s a cabin all the way at the back of the ship not facing one side or the other, but facing the back.

As for your husbands issue, I don´t know your 15 year old and how responsible and following the rules he is. In general I wouldn´t see the need for him to stay off the balcony, but I might not know what triggers your husbands opinion on this.

Will the 15 year old be allowed to walk around the ship without you present? If yes I don´t see any issue with stepping out on the balcony. You won´t fall off a balcony without doing some stupid stunts, so I don´t consider it dangerous at all.

Some of the ships the aft cabins are stepped, so that you actually look down onto the balcony below, have a look at the silhouette of the ship you are on.I believe there are age restrictions (i'm sure someone will correct if I am wrong) on those in a cabin.

Thanks for your replies, our son is quite sensible normally when we go for a meal for 2 he goes the gym and we ask him to if possible stay inside the ship and not go on the decks what are open. It's not that we don't trust him however accidents happen and I just like to stay as safe as possible. Such a hard choice to make. Also obviously we are not allowed to just add the children to a room it would obviously be 1 adults and 2 kids per room but the way we would sleep would be me & my husband in the double bed then our little girl on the other bed and 3 boys next door but the interconnected door would be open at all times.