Balcony Question on Caribbean Princess

mj

In the brochure, the balconies categories are BF-BA, I believe that it stated balconies are 233-285 square feet. Just curious as to which category has the larger balconies in order to compare price. I called Princess and he stated that there were no balconies 285 square feet and would have to get a mini suite. Any help is appreciated.

Sovereign of the Seas 12-9-00

Explorer of the Seas 10-20-01

Carnival Victory 12-9-01

Fantasy 5-9-02

Voyager of the Seas 10-20-02

Carnival Triumph 11-9-02

Inspiration 4-27-03

Navigator of the Seas 10-25-03

Paradise 5-9-04

Mariner of the Seas 10-24-04

I think you read that incorrectly. The balcony cabin INCLUDING the balcony would be in the neighborhood of 233-285 square feet, not just the balcony alone. Princess normally adds the square footage of the balcony into the cabin size.

Here is the description of the BA category from one of the online web sites that gives you the square footage of the cabin, notice the wording.

Oceanview Double w/ Balcony

Twin beds that make up into a queen-size bed. Balcony. Refrigerator and TV. Spacious closet and desk. Bath with shower.

Average size= 233 to 285 sq ft. including balcony.

On Decks: Emerald, Dolphin, Caribe, Baja, Aloha, Riviera, Lido

Even the mini suites don't have that large of a balcony in square footage.

Caribbean Princess 8/14/04

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04

RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

[This message was edited by Toto2Kansas on 06-13-04 at 12:13 PM.]

The interior configuration of all the Cat. B cabins will be very similar, with a few possible exceptions. The interior square footage is just shy of 200 sq. ft. if memory serves. Some of the BB cabins on the stern have very large balconies, and in fact are much deeper than those on the adjoining suites. In terms of total square footage, they would be the largest, with the BA's on Caribe being the next largest.

Completed:

Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jerseygirl3:

Sponge, I think the BB's on Caribe Deck (with the exception of the aft cabins that you have mentioned) have the same size balconies (quite large) as the BA's on Caribe Deck.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is the difference in the Caribe Aft balconies that you mention? Are these smaller rooms or just smaller balconies. We are booked in C748 for our Alaska trip next year and am just curious.

9/2000 Carnival Tropicale

12/2001 NCL Norway

9/2002 NCL Norway

10/2003 Disney Wonder

6/19/2005 Sapphire Princess

Since we are chatting about balconies ... husband and I have a BA on Lido for 9/25. Anything special about the balconies way up there? Hope we have calm seas! icon_smile.gif

Regal Princess 5/98

Celeb Century 4/02

Carnival Inspiration 9/03

Caribbean Princess 9/04

WE HAVE HAD AFT BALCONIES ON CARIBE AND THEY HAVE GREAT MOTION AND ARE VERY NOISEY, FROM THE WAKE. WE HAD TROUBLE WITH THE MOTION WHEN THE SEAS WERE EVEN SLIGHTLY CHOPPY. YOU ARE MUCH BETTER WITH MIDDLE THIRD OF THE SHIP, WE HAVE BEEN THERE AND ALWAYS TRY TO GET OUR CABIN IN THAT AREA.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WeWant2Cruise4Ever:

WE HAVE HAD AFT BALCONIES ON CARIBE AND THEY HAVE GREAT MOTION AND ARE VERY NOISEY, FROM THE WAKE. WE HAD TROUBLE WITH THE MOTION WHEN THE SEAS WERE EVEN SLIGHTLY CHOPPY. YOU ARE MUCH BETTER WITH MIDDLE THIRD OF THE SHIP, WE HAVE BEEN THERE AND ALWAYS TRY TO GET OUR CABIN IN THAT AREA.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh no! icon_frown.gif I thought these cabins were great. Very noisy? With balcony door open or even when it is closed?

Caribbean Princess 7/03/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;7;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

roe - many people on other sections of the boards have had no problems with these cabins. i would listen to what this poster said but still it could be just fine. i booked one myself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dawn Princess 04/11/2004 ~ Southern Caribbean

Caribbean Princess 08/14/2004 ~ Eastern Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;8;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Archived