Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Arno.

WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew: PART 2

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, joewhite said:

Eclipse as of 2/3/2019 - Antarctica Cruise

 

MasterCaptain Leo

Staff Captain: Nikolaos Zacharopoulos

Chief Engineer: Georgius Spyrellis

Guest Relations: Rodrigo Jacob

Hotel Director: Ana Hura

CD: Giuseppe Moschella

F&B: Damir Bradasic

Exec Chef: Roland Webb

 

Acoustic Duo: The MiaCats

Solo Guitar: Sashi

Dance Band: Moonlight Sounds

House Band: Espresso

Strings Duo: Presto

DJ: Morgan

 

Giuseppe as Cruise Director is great....he was wonderful on Eclipse last April as Eddy's assistant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 5:08 PM, Celebrity Liner said:

 

we are on the transatlantic with edge in april 2020. Will captain kate still be captain? or is she on vacation at this time?

 

You're kidding, right? I doubt anyone knows the schedule that far in advance. If you want to guess, she's starting at the beginning of August 2019. So if you do the math, 3 months on, 3 months off, and assume she stays on the ship, you could guess at whether she'll be captain then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

 

You're kidding, right? I doubt anyone knows the schedule that far in advance. If you want to guess, she's starting at the beginning of August 2019. So if you do the math, 3 months on, 3 months off, and assume she stays on the ship, you could guess at whether she'll be captain then.

 

keep cool :) i m not a "who´s onboard "specialist do i wanted to ask the community. Perhaps someone know the answer. ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 7:21 PM, MisterBill99 said:

 

I forgot to mention that Kirsty also left for vacation on Sunday.  My wife thinks her replacement's name (who was also on last week) was Joanne or something like that but could be wrong. Kirsty said she will be back in 2 months,

 

Thank you:classic_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Celebrity Liner said:

 

keep cool 🙂 i m not a "who´s onboard "specialist do i wanted to ask the community. Perhaps someone know the answer. 😉

It would be hard to answer your question this far in advance. When Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, X's CEO, announced Capt. Kate’s move to the Edge it was a surprise. So at this point it would just be a guessing game.

We were told many months ago by Katya, the hostess in Luminae on the Reflection, that she was chosen to go to the Edge and would be there for the Inaugural. But when we boarded she wasn’t there. When we asked Anita, the Maitre D' in Luminae what happened, she told us that Katya had indeed been there but at the last moment X sent her to Equinox. So nothing is set in stone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not uncommon for staff to be moved at short notice to cover illness resignations etc. On one cruise one of the senior sales staff in the shopping mall was given 24 hours notice to fly halfway across the world to fill a vacancy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

It would be hard to answer your question this far in advance. When Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, X's CEO, announced Capt. Kate’s move to the Edge it was a surprise. So at this point it would just be a guessing game.

We were told many months ago by Katya, the hostess in Luminae on the Reflection, that she was chosen to go to the Edge and would be there for the Inaugural. But when we boarded she wasn’t there. When we asked Anita, the Maitre D' in Luminae what happened, she told us that Katya had indeed been there but at the last moment X sent her to Equinox. So nothing is set in stone.

Several comments and questions:

Disappointed that Katya won't be there.  Really liked her.  On a cruise this Fall, we were told that Charles would be opening Luminae on the Edge.  Also disappointing that he won't be there - but that's life on a cruise ship.

Were you on the Western Caribbean.  If so, what was the day and time of the Meet and Greet?

George

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have a clue yet who the staff will be when the Summit comes out of drydock in March?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 1/22/2019 at 11:06 AM, Gracie115 said:

Just heard that Rich Clesen will be the CD on Silhouette for the TA in April.  Anyone have any experience with him in this position?

 

We had Rich on Connie last year in April and he was very entertaining and enthusiastic!

 

On 1/20/2019 at 8:23 AM, Mary Moo said:

Richard Spacey was the best CD we ever had. Does anyone have any info on who will be CD on Connie. in April and what are they like?

Mary x

 

I can't see anyone who answered this but we're on Constellation in May and would love to know who'll be our CD if possible?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, StanleyVA said:

Several comments and questions:

Disappointed that Katya won't be there.  Really liked her.  On a cruise this Fall, we were told that Charles would be opening Luminae on the Edge.  Also disappointing that he won't be there - but that's life on a cruise ship.

Were you on the Western Caribbean.  If so, what was the day and time of the Meet and Greet?

George

The meeting was in Eden on our first sea day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

The meeting was in Eden on our first sea day.

Thanks.  Do you remember the time?  I'm coordinating a slot pull on the first sea day, and I'm trying to make sure that there's no conflict between the two events.

George

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StanleyVA said:

Thanks.  Do you remember the time?  I'm coordinating a slot pull on the first sea day, and I'm trying to make sure that there's no conflict between the two events.

George

What difference does it make which time -- just arrange the slot pull 1/2 hour immediately following the M&M.  That's what I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, StanleyVA said:

Several comments and questions:

Disappointed that Katya won't be there.  Really liked her.  On a cruise this Fall, we were told that Charles would be opening Luminae on the Edge.  Also disappointing that he won't be there - but that's life on a cruise ship.

Were you on the Western Caribbean.  If so, what was the day and time of the Meet and Greet?

George

On the Edge, the CD was changed in the first few weeks. We experienced both, and the first CD, who we enjoyed on another cruise, was just not visible on those first cruises (maybe something was going on with him personally). Damien took over and was excellent - he interacted with people and was a lot of fun. I had also been talking to someone higher up on the first cruises who suddenly was notified that he might be moved immediately to another ship. His wife was on the Edge and he just kind of shrugged and said it was the life he chose. A couple of days later he said that they had changed their minds and he was staying. It must be tough.

 

Our Western Carib Cruise Critic party was also the first sea day. Interestingly, I was on my way to the meeting and ran into someone who was taking care of us for this cruise. They wanted to chat and I said "Sorry, I need to run to a meeting." They said "Oh yes, your Cruise Critic meeting. You are doing such a good job! You are working so hard." I said "thanks" and moved on. I realized later that they must be reading my live thread! 🙂

 

image.png.12940da200669d62ce7cfa0a2c63cb09.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

On the Edge, the CD was changed in the first few weeks. We experienced both, and the first CD, who we enjoyed on another cruise, was just not visible on those first cruises (maybe something was going on with him personally). Damien took over and was excellent - he interacted with people and was a lot of fun. I had also been talking to someone higher up on the first cruises who suddenly was notified that he might be moved immediately to another ship. His wife was on the Edge and he just kind of shrugged and said it was the life he chose. A couple of days later he said that they had changed their minds and he was staying. It must be tough.

 

Our Western Carib Cruise Critic party was also the first sea day. Interestingly, I was on my way to the meeting and ran into someone who was taking care of us for this cruise. They wanted to chat and I said "Sorry, I need to run to a meeting." They said "Oh yes, your Cruise Critic meeting. You are doing such a good job! You are working so hard." I said "thanks" and moved on. I realized later that they must be reading my live thread! 🙂

 

image.png.12940da200669d62ce7cfa0a2c63cb09.png

 

Thanks.  Looks like I'm going to have a major conflict.

George

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, StanleyVA said:

Thanks.  Looks like I'm going to have a major conflict.

George

That's the normal time that they are held -- between 10:00 and 10:30.  Varies from ship to ship and sailing to sailing  based on events coordinator scheduling.  It was 10:15 for that sailing.  Could be 10:30 for other sailings on the same ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2019 at 10:07 AM, Norwaylady said:

 

Thank you:classic_smile:

 Hi....We were told by Kirsty that the new Captain's Club hostess is Elizabeth Leathers.  We met her on a previous cruise and she was very nice.....:-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wine-O said:

That's the normal time that they are held -- between 10:00 and 10:30.  Varies from ship to ship and sailing to sailing  based on events coordinator scheduling.  It was 10:15 for that sailing.  Could be 10:30 for other sailings on the same ship.

Casino Host made an adjustment.  Looks like it's going to work out.

George

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, beachgirl8527 said:

 Hi....We were told by Kirsty that the new Captain's Club hostess is Elizabeth Leathers.  We met her on a previous cruise and she was very nice.....:-)

 

I think that's the primary requirement for the job, isn't it? Although I will say that Kirsty (and others I have dealt with) were very good at remembering names and greeting me by name later in the cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 8:37 PM, joewhite said:

Eclipse as of 2/3/2019 - Antarctica Cruise

 

MasterCaptain Leo

Staff Captain: Nikolaos Zacharopoulos

Chief Engineer: Georgius Spyrellis

Guest Relations: Rodrigo Jacob

Hotel Director: Ana Hura

CD: Giuseppe Moschella

F&B: Damir Bradasic

Exec Chef: Roland Webb

 

Acoustic Duo: The MiaCats

Solo Guitar: Sashi

Dance Band: Moonlight Sounds

House Band: Espresso

Strings Duo: Presto

DJ: Morgan

 

 

Absolutely thrilled to hear Giuseppe has been promoted to CD. So well deserved. He is full of charm, energy and humour.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 8:35 PM, Orator said:

Really a very good CD! I look forward to seeing him again.

 

Orator, if you see Eddy in April would you mind asking if he will still be onboard for the transatlantic sailing to a Dublin on 26th April, please? He did an amazing job on that transatlantic last year and we would love it if he was on this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eloise4Ever said:

 

Orator, if you see Eddy in April would you mind asking if he will still be onboard for the transatlantic sailing to a Dublin on 26th April, please? He did an amazing job on that transatlantic last year and we would love it if he was on this year.

He is wonderful. Will ask if. he's there and post here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 1:21 PM, MisterBill99 said:

 

I forgot to mention that Kirsty also left for vacation on Sunday.  My wife thinks her replacement's name (who was also on last week) was Joanne or something like that but could be wrong. Kirsty said she will be back in 2 months,

Begs the question: what do crew members do for a "vacation"?
I doubt they go cruising!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Canuker said:

Begs the question: what do crew members do for a "vacation"?
I doubt they go cruising!

 

They normally go home to visit family and friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...