WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew: PART 2

C 2 C

24 minutes ago, LazyGuy222 said:

Milana Dortangs is not GRM on the Connie. She left after the Christmas and New Years sailing on vacation.

So who replaced her???  Feb 4 print  of In the Spotlight shows she was onboard..

Summit is out of date as well, captains switched and Danuta is HD, CD is Patrick.

4 minutes ago, EnthDegree said:

Solstice - Capt Tasos is on vacation and Lewis Power Stannard is CD [Lauren Vaitkus was filling in for Rich Spacey who left Celebrity]

LP Stannard is really a travelling man.. from Reflection to Edge to Solstice in the last 2  months.

On 2/10/2019 at 4:56 PM, Arno. said:

LP Stannard is really a travelling man.. from Reflection to Edge to Solstice in the last 2  months.

Actually he never got to Edge. He was bumped in favor of Damian.

Arno, the Guest Relations Manager on Edge is Cameron Robertson (didn't have his last name but found it in many posts here). And the CD is Damian De Lorenzis (not Damien)

Edited by MisterBill99

9 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Actually he never got to Edge. He was bumped in favor of Damian.

Arno, the Guest Relations Manager on Edge is Cameron (forget his last name, he's Scottish). And the CD is Damian De Lorenzis (not Damien)

His last name is Robertson, Cameron Robertson.  I remember him from the Century, among others.  

Pat

6 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Sorry Mr Bill.  I saw the original post and just responded.  Cameron, in my opinion, is one of the best!  Have a great day!

Pat

No problem. And yes, Cameron was very nice. He appeared in Damian's "talk show" when we were on board, doing an interview and playing a game where he had to smash an egg against his head without knowing if it was raw or hard board. In general, the initial crew on Edge was picked because they were among the best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

Actually he did get on the Edge for a week in December, whilst Maarten was CD

Yes and he was moved very urgently to Solstice with just a few days notice. Seems as if there were issues on Solstice needed resolving.

3 hours ago, Toftwood said:

Yes and he was moved very urgently to Solstice with just a few days notice. Seems as if there were issues on Solstice needed resolving.

I believe that it was issues on Edge that needed resolving and it was determined that Damian was the person to do it. Lewis moving to Solstice was the side effect (or collateral damage, if you prefer). I spoke to someone senior on the ship and they confirmed that this was the reason Damian was brought in. While I can't say that I'm 100% sure that it is the case, I am fairly sure it's correct, given the changes that have been made recently. The activities and entertainment on Edge were not appropriate for the passengers who were on board and needed to be fixed. Look at Host Anne's review post from early January if you disagree (plus Hcat's comments above).

3 hours ago, hcat said:

We were so happy to have Damian..

.Things really started to improve based upon what we heard in prior reports, 

.New shows,  great deck party,  traditional and tablet,  trivia, fun for all! 

Yes, he was great. Also the return of the private Elite cocktail hour with canapes (which they did not do the first week we were on board).

1 hour ago, MisterBill99 said:

Yes, he was great. Also the return of the private Elite cocktail hour with canapes (which they did not do the first week we were on board).

Turns out Damian worked with our long ago fav CD Dru Pavlov in the past...same style, Classy, funny,  talented, fully engaged and appealing to all ages and types of cruisers! .He was everywhere.  Great at our Connections Party, and scored a coup with the Dec63 group, plus being involved in many activities on board! . 

Bethany was  a lively, active  Activities Director..great deck party with DJ Dragon.. and was excellent at the completely full Trivua..sans android.

X was smart to let them do their jobs ....the period before, pax were told Miami said so...never heard that once!

I think our Captaian left for vacation on a very happy note!

Edited by hcat

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

Bethany was  a lively, active  Activities Director..great deck party with DJ Dragon.. and was excellent at the completely full Trivia..sans android.

Yes, Bethany is great and worked very well with Damian. She was the Activities Manager (or is it Director, as you said) on our Panama Canal cruise on Infinity in October, so we already knew her. Trivia was still being done on smartphones the first week we were on Edge but it went back to paper the second week for the normal daily trivias (other than Timeplay Live that you need to pay for, which they kept).

Edited by MisterBill99

5 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

I believe that it was issues on Edge that needed resolving and it was determined that Damian was the person to do it. Lewis moving to Solstice was the side effect (or collateral damage, if you prefer). I spoke to someone senior on the ship and they confirmed that this was the reason Damian was brought in. While I can't say that I'm 100% sure that it is the case, I am fairly sure it's correct, given the changes that have been made recently. The activities and entertainment on Edge were not appropriate for the passengers who were on board and needed to be fixed. Look at Host Anne's review post from early January if you disagree (plus Hcat's comments above).

Thanks for putting me straight on this. I am surprised as we have found Maarten Bruels in the past to very much measure up to our expectations.