WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew: PART 2

C 2 C

5 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

Yes, Bethany is great and worked very well with Damian. She was the Activities Manager (or is it Director, as you said) on our Panama Canal cruise on Infinity in October, so we already knew her. Trivia was still being done on smartphones the first week we were on Edge but it went back to paper the second week for the normal daily trivias (other than Timeplay Live that you need to pay for, which they kept).

SO glad to hear that Trivia is back to its old self.  If I want to play Trivia by myself, I can do it at home on my computer.  On the ship, most of the fun comes from the team you assemble.  And an activities director with a sense of humor.  The gang on my Trivia team on my last cruise was just great and we had a ball together!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Arno. said:

"

Amazing to say I’m a Cruise Director for this ship"

Yes, that was when he was still expecting to be the replacement for Maarten.  He clearly wasn't THE CD at that point since it was during the naming ceremony. By the same token, Captains Kate and Dimitrios were captains of Edge at that event but they were not THE captain.

My point is that I do not believe that Lewis ever became the actual CD. And he left the ship after the initial ceremonies, given that he had posted "happy new year 🥳, I’m home right now. Love it hah" on 12/30. Also posted "Quick reach out for anyone that can get hold of 2 Man Utd vs Liverpool tickets in February please ?" on 12/11, so maybe he knew then since I know that Damian is going to be on Edge longer than that. 

Edited by MisterBill99

14 hours ago, hcat said:

X was smart to let them do their jobs ....the period before, pax were told Miami said so...never heard that once!

What people seem to forget is that the Activities team spent many weeks in Miami prior to joining the Edge in France being trained on the new activities HQ wanted to introduce.

Those initial Edge sailings proved to be their undoing. The demographics were totally at odds with the innovative activities designed specifically the Edge. To improve the Edge ratings Celebrity took a backward step IMHO.

4 minutes ago, hockeymom21 said:

Quick question.  What is the time frame for Senior Officers vacation?  Is it 3  months on- 3 months off?  Or something like that?  Assuming they were returning to their scheduled ship? 

I believe that only the captain is 3-3. Others are 4-2 or 6-2.

8 hours ago, Esprit said:

What people seem to forget is that the Activities team spent many weeks in Miami prior to joining the Edge in France being trained on the new activities HQ wanted to introduce.

Those initial Edge sailings proved to be their undoing. The demographics were totally at odds with the innovative activities designed specifically the Edge. To improve the Edge ratings Celebrity took a backward step IMHO.

The demographics are STILL at odds with what they designed for. And at high prices, many people seem to feel that they will continue to be at odds unless they attract a lot of the younger folks with lots of disposable income they're clearly coveting.

As I said to senior people on the ship (and no one disagreed), the activities and entertainment on the ship were designed for the passengers they WANTED to have on the ship, not those they actually HAVE. It seems like you're saying they should not change and simply allow the negative reviews to continue. Fortunately Celebrity has come to a different conclusion.

And don't get me started on the lack of affordable Edge merchandise on the ship. If I wanted a t-shirt with the ship's name on it, I would have had to pay $95. Even with non-refundable OBC I wasn't going to spend that to advertise their product! Apparently corporate has been made aware of that and they were expecting more affordable merchandise "shortly". I had asked the revenue manager about it and he didn't give me a good answer. I finally had to talk to the assistant hotel manager to get a decent response.

Edited by MisterBill99
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Oddly, among the activities they wanted to introduce was knitting!  The poor young man who was leading that activity did his best, but was clearly a fish out of water.

Yes, I noticed that a couple of times on the schedule but never got there. On Oceania last year, they were giving out needlepoint kits a few days.

On 2/12/2019 at 7:37 PM, MisterBill99 said:

By the same token, Captains Kate and Dimitrios were captains of Edge at that event but they were not THE captain.

You must mean that at the time they were Masters on different ships but they were future masters of Edge over the next year.

Dimitrios Kafetzis took over as THE Captain (Master) in February and Captain Kate won't be THE Captain of Edge until much later this year.  There were several other Captains on board as well including Theo Zakkas who took Century to SkySea and may soon be back with Celebrity and Captain Alevropoulos the celebrity Port Captain.

Onboard feb 16.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arno. said:

You must mean that at the time they were Masters on different ships but they were future masters of Edge over the next year.

Dimitrios Kafetzis took over as THE Captain (Master) in February and Captain Kate won't be THE Captain of Edge until much later this year.  There were several other Captains on board as well including Theo Zakkas who took Century to SkySea and may soon be back with Celebrity and Captain Alevropoulos the celebrity Port Captain.

You missed my point. Someone else said that Lewis had been on Edge on 12/5 and my point is that he was not the CD at that time. This is all ridiculous anyway. The point I was trying to make is that I'm fairly sure that Lewis never became the CD, although that had been the plan. Whether he was ever on the ship is immaterial.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MR_T said:

Currently on Celebrity Reflection 11th - 22nd March 2019  

CD Eddy Jenkins is due to leave on the 12th April 2019 

Thank you, we've had that captain before & liked him... However I feel like they often make a change right before or after the TA's    I guess I'll have to wait & see.  :)  thanks again

7 hours ago, MR_T said:

Currently on Celebrity Reflection 11th - 22nd March 2019  

CD Eddy Jenkins is due to leave on the 12th April 2019 

EC4BE532-23D1-4180-A9DA-3BBFCAD4AC8F.jpeg

We board Reflection on April 12/19.

Any buzz around the ship as to who will take over for Eddy as Cruise Director?

Randy

****Sorry, Mr T,  just found your posting on your live blog****

Edited by Schmoe38
  • Like 1