WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew: PART 2

C 2 C

1 hour ago, chamima said:

??????????

So "the bar" they're referring to is NOT the Retreat Lounge? (Michael's Club renamed)

Yes, there is a “traditional” bar on the Retreat pool deck. However, inside the Retreat Lounge there is no “bar”. Drinks are poured and prepared behind closed doors on the Edge. This will change on Apex as a “traditional” bar will be added to the Retreat Lounge.

You get what you pay for, if you book a suite, you are entitled to enjoy the Retreat Pool deck and Luminae. I also think this off topic discussion should be moved to a new thread. 😉

Edited by C-Dragons

5 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Yes, there is a “traditional” bar on the Retreat pool deck. However, inside the Retreat Lounge there is no “bar”. Drinks are poured and prepared behind closed doors on the Edge. This will change on Apex as a “traditional” bar will be added to the Retreat Lounge.

You get what you pay for, if you book a suite, you are entitled to enjoy the Retreat Pool deck and Luminae. I also think this off topic discussion should be moved to a new thread. 😉

Agree about a separate thread. The discussion of Zenith benefits is not germane to the subject of this thread.

Just to make sure it is clear so that other Zeniths reading this will know that the Retreat Lounge on the Edge has the same excellent top shelf bar service as Michael's, but without a free-standing bar. I had drinks with a person who is Zenith in that lounge. We both missed the free-standing bar, but enjoyed our drinks (and looking forward to the reported Retreat Lounge Bar on the Apex).

There are also all the other benefits of the Retreat Lounge for Suite, Zenith and other VIPs: the self-serve coolers of sodas, waters, etc., continental breakfast, coffee machine (latte, cappuccino, etc.), an afternoon tea and sushi and other bites in the evening. There is also a lovely outside deck that is part of the Retreat Lounge for eating, drinking, reading and conversing.

The Retreat Pool Deck Bar is not free for suite guests either - you need to give them your Sea Pass card when ordering drinks. Most suite guests have Go Best so not an issue, but some don't for whatever reason (lower suites on TA's or Move Up, for example) and would have drinks charged to their cards.

Okay, back to the original topic. 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruising grandma said:

Anyone know if Richard Spacey went to another cruise company? I cruised many times with him on Royal Caribbean and once on Celebrity. I have a cruise on Equinox and one on Solstice soon and had hoped he might be cd on one of them. 

As far as we are aware Rich has returned to life on shore. He posted on his Instagram feed in December a photograph and the following text; "Last night I hosted my final show on a ship. It is now time to be home with my family. Thank-you so much for all of my family and friends that have been so much support during this time, your words of encouragement mean more to me than I can ever tell you. It has been a hell of a ride. Picture is me hosting my first show on the Grandeur of the Seas 1997. 21 years on ships and now looking forward to the next 21 years..."

Hope this answers your question. We will miss him.

8 hours ago, EnthDegree said:

As far as we are aware Rich has returned to life on shore. He posted on his Instagram feed in December a photograph and the following text; "Last night I hosted my final show on a ship. It is now time to be home with my family. Thank-you so much for all of my family and friends that have been so much support during this time, your words of encouragement mean more to me than I can ever tell you. It has been a hell of a ride. Picture is me hosting my first show on the Grandeur of the Seas 1997. 21 years on ships and now looking forward to the next 21 years..."

Hope this answers your question. We will miss him.

Thanks for the info. He will be missed!

So rich Spacey has moved along......I can imagine that job, smiling all the time and talking to so many people must be exhausting...Good luck wished to Rich!!!..Does anyone know where Maarten Breuls has gone to?   He was always funny to watch and somewhat innovative and creative....He was all in on Edge and then he went off radar?  It was nice to have some younger blood onboard......... 

51 minutes ago, cruiseerf said:

So rich Spacey has moved along......I can imagine that job, smiling all the time and talking to so many people must be exhausting...Good luck wished to Rich!!!..Does anyone know where Maarten Breuls has gone to?   He was always funny to watch and somewhat innovative and creative....He was all in on Edge and then he went off radar?  It was nice to have some younger blood onboard...... ... 

According to Maarten’s Instagram page he is on vacation and will return to the Edge in May 

13 hours ago, Arno. said:

Captain Theo Zakkas may soon be back as master .. perhaps Millennium.

He was one of the captains that stayed with Century when it was sadly moved to the China market.

Still compare all Celebrity cruises to the ones on the Century.  That was a great ship/staff/crew.

Arno, have you heard whether Capt. Nick is really going to the Flora?

Pat

5 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Still compare all Celebrity cruises to the ones on the Century.  That was a great ship/staff/crew.

Arno, have you heard whether Capt. Nick is really going to the Flora?

Pat

Captain Nick is supposed to deliver Flora to Ecuador and then takeover Reflection.

I believe there will be a temporary assignment to takeover from Captain  Skylogianis until Capt. Nick arrives.

However past postings have changed with little warning and affecting a whole bunch of dominoes.

Captain Kate's replacement on Equinox has not been announced as yet either.

10 minutes ago, Arno. said:

Captain Nick is supposed to deliver Flora to Ecuador and then takeover Reflection.

I believe there will be a temporary assignment to takeover from Captain  Skylogianis until Capt. Nick arrives.

However past postings have changed with little warning and affecting a whole bunch of dominoes.

Yes ,That is Barcelona.:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Arno. said:

Thanks Arno!  And yes, I am aware of how fluid their assignments can be.

Pat

As of March 15th to 24th sailing on Silhouette

M:  Georgios Latrou

CE: Argyios Poulakis

SC: Evanangelos Saitis

HD: Jamie Petts

CD: Rich Clesen

GRM: Eunice Teixeira

FB: Ivan Maksimovic

Chef: Edward Gomes

Captain Club: Rose Dalisay

Captain George will be on the Silhouette, then move to the Reflection for two months and return to the Silhouette.  He is covering for another captain.

On 3/26/2019 at 9:10 PM, ccr2012 said:

HD: Jamie Petts

We were on Eclipse in 2017 with Jamie as HD and he made a great impression. We are on silhouette in August and it would be lovely to catch up. How long do HDs stay on a ship for each contract, will he still be on board in 5 months?

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:10 PM, ccr2012 said:

Captain George will be on the Silhouette, then move to the Reflection for two months and return to the Silhouette.  He is covering for another captain.

Any idea what dates Captain George will be on the Reflection?  We sail on her June 3-14.

It would be great to see him again.  Thanks, Mike and Mary

18 hours ago, groryjm said:

We were on Eclipse in 2017 with Jamie as HD and he made a great impression. We are on silhouette in August and it would be lovely to catch up. How long do HDs stay on a ship for each contract, will he still be on board in 5 months?

Any ship with Jamie as HD is extremely lucky. He enhances the entire atmosphere and feel of any ship. Terrific guy.

19 hours ago, groryjm said:

I have no idea if Jamie will be back on board in 5 months, but at the bottom of post 1166 GottaKnowWhen posted that Alejandro will be back on board the Eclipse from 24th March which just delighted me 🎉🎉.  Alejandro was on the Eclipse in the Med on our October cruise and looks like he’ll be with the ship for our Alaskan cruise in May 🤞.  He’s hilarious - and so smart too.