WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew: PART 2

C 2 C

13 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

They had electronic Trivia, which guests could play individually for a fee on their smartphones.
However that has been discontinued and regular, old fashioned Trivia played in groups of 6 with pen and paper is back.

Thank goodness!  Half the fun of Trivia is finding fun people to play with.

• Like 1

Just now, deeva211 said:

They do publish it.  We just got off the Equinox and the Who's on Board paper was in the rack by Guest Relations.   On ship that we couldn't get one on was the Edge.  They were on a "green" program.

Apparantly the Silhouette has also gone "green".  I asked at Guest Relations and was told they didn't have them.

4 hours ago, deeva211 said:

They had drone flying which has been discontinued probably due to the fact that someone flew the drone into the chandelier above the martini bar.  They also had paintball contests.  

Sounds like the Main office has now hired lots of college kids!!!

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 4:59 PM, taznremmy said:

Apparantly the Silhouette has also gone "green".  I asked at Guest Relations and was told they didn't have them.

On the October/November transatlantic they did have them - one was left in my cabin with the daily programme.  Not until several days into the cruise though, possibly because there had been a very last minute change with Alejandro being drafted in from his vacation as Cruise Director.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 7:02 PM, taznremmy said:

Hi Arno.  

Just off the Silhouette and Capt. George is the Master.  I asked him till when and he said he would be going on vacation on 12/1.  Cruise Director was Sue Denning (just boarded in FLL on 11/8).  

I really miss that they don’t publish the Whose On Board info anymore!

Pat

Would anyone know how long Sue Denning will most likely be CD on Silhouette ?

On 11/17/2019 at 9:54 PM, C-Dragons said:

They had electronic Trivia, which guests could play individually for a fee on their smartphones.
However that has been discontinued and regular, old fashioned Trivia played in groups of 6 with pen and paper is back.

On 11/17/2019 at 9:41 PM, Banjo said:

Just curious, what things did the charge for? I will be on the Apex for a trans-Atlantic next Fall.

On 11/18/2019 at 7:49 AM, deeva211 said:

They had drone flying which has been discontinued probably due to the fact that someone flew the drone into the chandelier above the martini bar.  They also had paintball contests.  

The problem with Edge, which I'm sure has been discussed many times in other threads, is that they set up the programming and activities for the customers they wanted to attract, not the customers who had actually booked. There were still working on things when w did a B2B last January. In fact, trivia changed back to paper and groups during our second week on board. Damian and Bethany came in and fixed things.

BTW just to stay on topic, has anyone seen Damian on a ship recently? Based on his Instagram it does not appear he's currently a CD. He was excellent.

Also, would anyone care to guess who the CD will be on Millennium in March (in Asia)? Apparently Steve (forget his last name) is currently but he will be on vacation by then and did not know who his replacement would be when I asked him a couple of months ago.

Edited by MisterBill99

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 5:01 PM, Shadow9612 said:

Would anyone know how long Sue Denning will most likely be CD on Silhouette ?

Post dry dock - the main crew are all staying with the ship for the works in Cadiz

Lara Kondic is the suite Concierge