Radiance of the Sea - Alaska

Looking forward to our Alaskan cruise in 11 days! I have a few questions about attire, can men wear jeans to the dining room for dinner? And on formal night, is a suit required or would a sports jacket work? I'm wondering if I should bring 1 pair of sneakers or 2? Thanks for the insight!

Edited by Emandgsmim

Looking forward to our Alaskan cruise in 11 days! I have a few questions about attire, can men wear jeans to the dining room for dinner? And on formal night, is a suit required or would a sports jacket work? I'm wondering if I should bring 1 pair of sneakers or 2? Thanks for the insight!

When we went on Radiance jeans were fine in the dining room. We thought formal night was less formal than we had seen on Caribbean cruises. I'm sure a sport code would be fine. I would bring two pairs of sneakers or walking shoes in case one pair gets wet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just got back from an Alaska Radiance trip. Jeans were quite common in the MDR. On formal night, clothing ran the spectrum of "dressiness," T shirts & jeans to tailored suits, but don't recall anyone in a tux. I took two pair of sneakers, but only wore one - never got very wet. I also took several heavy clothing items that I never wore, highs were mid 50s to mid 70s.

I found that the cruise was so port-intensive that there was also intensive use of the Windjammer for dinner! Lots of people didn't feel like dealing with the MDR.

You can wear what you described.

I had two good pairs of walking shoes, just in case something happened to one. :)

I found that the cruise was so port-intensive that there was also intensive use of the Windjammer for dinner! Lots of people didn't feel like dealing with the MDR.

You can wear what you described.

I had two good pairs of walking shoes, just in case something happened to one. :)

The Windjammer also had an unusually good selection of food. I found freshly grilled lamb chops and steak several times and there was fresh stir fry made to order among the other usual selections. It was often hard to choose what to have rather than just settling for something to eat.

IMO there is no need for your husband to bring either a suit or a sports jacket if he doesn't want to. Luggage space is at a premium for everyone on an Alaska cruise.

The attire you described will be fine. Attire is much more casual on an Alaskan cruise. Instead of two pair of sneakers, consider one pair of sneakers and a pair of waterproof hiking shoes. Even if you don't plan on going on a hike, waterproof footwear is nice to have for walking around the port on a rainy day.

We will be sailing 8/4, very excited too, counting the days, I'm packing 2 pair of jean for my husband for the nights and dress slacks and a sport jacket for formal nights, we are MDR fans, so this packing is based on dinning in the MDR every single night. About the 2 pair of sneakers it depends on the kind of excursion you are planning to go,

If it involve lots of hiking 2 if not one will be fine. On our previous trip we did fine with just one pair: we did the glacier (boots were provided for the glacier), horsebackriding, kayak and bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums