Carnival cruisers go on RCI - our Pros & Cons

kctwinmommy

Thanks for the review so far. I guess I'm going to need to get pop package. $3 is to much and I love my pop.

Yeah, Carnival's soda package, which includes juices, is a better deal for sure, IMO. But when I saw the $3.50/soda on the first day, I realized I would make it worth it. Even if I didn't drink at least 3/day, I could always get a fresh one when I wanted. Or I did get a couple for my husband/son. I certainly ordered enough to make the $11/day worth it.

I also want to add in the cons that Royal doesn't have the beach towels in the staterooms for your convenience. You have to go check them out in our case' date=' on deck 11 on LOS.[/quote']

Don't give Carnival any ideas, lol. They have cut so much already. Now you have to ask for bathrobes and ice and twice daily cabin service, towels might be next on the cutback list.

Nice review!!!

Thank you all for these reviews, it does help a lot! I've cruise on 3 lines notice that carnival is a party ship lots of young people and less expensive, princess is very relax older crowd and Royal is a mix and more expensive! My next cruise is Jan 22, on carnival the con if you want the liquor package everyone in your cabin has to buy it too! Well I'm not a drinker but my husband is, my mom is 88 travels with us, so we have to buy 3 packages @ $250 per person? I don't think so! Never had to do that on any of the other cruises! Have a great and safe cruise to you all!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you all for these reviews, it does help a lot! I've cruise on 3 lines notice that carnival is a party ship lots of young people and less expensive, princess is very relax older crowd and Royal is a mix and more expensive! My next cruise is Jan 22, on carnival the con if you want the liquor package everyone in your cabin has to buy it too! Well I'm not a drinker but my husband is, my mom is 88 travels with us, so we have to buy 3 packages @ $250 per person? I don't think so! Never had to do that on any of the other cruises! Have a great and safe cruise to you all!

I agree with this. I choose Carnival because I just love the festive atmosphere. I like to be surrounded by people that are having fun. Maybe someday I will want an elegant experience, but I doubt it.

I've been very lucky on all the cruise line I've been on, they all have been fantastic with out any complain!! Anyone have reviews on Holland, celebrity or Norwegian? Thank you! Safe travels everyone!!

I enjoyed reading your comparison. It was quite interesting.

We have now sailed Princess, Carnival, Royal Caribbean and NCL, with repeats on NCL and Carnival.

I'm convinced now that many of these things are ship dependent, not always line dependent. Sometimes you seem to get a really attentive, keen crew. Sometimes they seem to care very little. I suspect certain ships get the newer staff, certain ones get the experienced ones. I'm sure the management on the ship makes a difference too.

A few procedural things though are line dependent.

Like the ice cream set up, seems much better on Carnival.

Also I like how Carnival gives towels and robes in staterooms.

I like showtime at dinner.

One line, I forget which one, gives blankets for movies under the stars, others do not.

It's fun to experience the differences.

I

I enjoyed reading your comparison. It was quite interesting.

We have now sailed Princess, Carnival, Royal Caribbean and NCL, with repeats on NCL and Carnival.

I'm convinced now that many of these things are ship dependent, not always line dependent. Sometimes you seem to get a really attentive, keen crew. Sometimes they seem to care very little. I suspect certain ships get the newer staff, certain ones get the experienced ones. I'm sure the management on the ship makes a difference too.

A few procedural things though are line dependent.

Like the ice cream set up, seems much better on Carnival.

Also I like how Carnival gives towels and robes in staterooms.

I like showtime at dinner.

One line, I forget which one, gives blankets for movies under the stars, others do not.

It's fun to experience the differences.

I

You're so right! Even within the lines you'll see people comparing different ships and people seem to have their favorites. I guess I don't have or need a ton of attention on my cruise. Honestly, just respond when I ask for something (if you can), be cordial, and have fun! LOL!

I have to say, some of the things we experienced have to do with the fact that we did this cruise on our own. We almost always cruise with at least another couple. So that makes a difference as to what we do on our cruise. When it was just the 2 of us, as it was on this one, we were more inclined to talk to and meet other people.

Royal is testing right now of going to that same standard in regards to everyone having to get the drink package of age in any cabin.

No way, well we will have to find a cruise line that don't have this rule! Thanks for that info!! Are you cruising anytime soon?

NCL also requires all in the cabin to purchase it. There's is $79 per day per person plus 18% gratuity and doesn't include bottled water or specialty coffee's.

Bill

No way, well we will have to find a cruise line that don't have this rule! Thanks for that info!! Are you cruising anytime soon?

Just finished 3 in the last 8 months. Was supposed to be on an Azamara ship getting off today but got bumped, long story. Now nothing till next July on Horizon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

NCL also requires all in the cabin to purchase it. There's is $79 per day per person plus 18% gratuity and doesn't include bottled water or specialty coffee's.

Bill

.....and who says NCL nickels and dimes?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the compliments on this! I hope it can help at least give people an idea of what to expect when they pick one line over the other. And of course, this is such a small snapshot. We'd cruise either line again, although just more likely to cruise Carnival since we have a higher status there. But like I said, we went on RCI since they were doing an itinerary we wanted to go on.

• 1 year later...