Noting a Celebrating While Sailing on Equinox

katet78

Hello fellow cruisers:

I searched the forums and didn't find anything recent on this topic. My fiance and I (soon to be husband) will be sailing on the Equinox in late August for our honeymoon. Since it's a celebration I was thinking about noting in our reservation that it is our honeymoon. Does noting it actually do anything?

We are both shy people and so we don't necessarily want it made a big public deal (i.e., a group singing "happy birthday" in the MDR if it was a birthday) but if noting it would get us something special like a card in our room or a special dessert or something than I will do so.

Anyone have any experience about what they do (or don't do) if you note it's a honeymoon?

Thank you in advance for an insight.

I don't have experience with this, but when I booked the Equinox with Celebrity, I was asked if there was any special occasion. I would suggest calling Celebrity if you booked with them or your TA. They can add it to your reservation.

Over all of our years of cruising, if a Birthday, Anniversary, or "special" occasion was noted on the website....not ONCE was anything acknowledged. On the flip side, however, can you imagine the hundreds of people that do the same? What is the cruise line supposed to do? I am sure if you request a cake...etc...they would oblige, but we have never done that.

About 3 years ago we met a couple on the Solstice who were on their honeymoon. About 4 days into the cruise the ship had a special lunch for the 6 honeymoon couples on the ship. The TA had noted it was a honeymoon cruise on the reservation.

we were on the Equinox for our 10th wedding anniversary. We ate in a specialty restaurant that night. They brought us a beautiful chocolate cake. They knew I could only eat gluten free. They said they just wanted to acknowledge our anniversary day and the chef would make us something special. Next afternoon they brought us the most beautiful gluten free chocolate cake/ torte! It was huge!

we were on the Equinox for our 10th wedding anniversary. We ate in a specialty restaurant that night. They brought us a beautiful chocolate cake. They knew I could only eat gluten free. They said they just wanted to acknowledge our anniversary day and the chef would make us something special. Next afternoon they brought us the most beautiful gluten free chocolate cake/ torte! It was huge!

I guess some people are just "special" Lol. (just kidding) happy they made your day special.

They have in the past arranged gatherings for newlyweds ;). I think most of the time, one has to mention it again onboard, even if it has been noted on your reservation.

As a side note, I can't recall ever being on a cruise where there hasn't been a celebration of some sort being acknowledged during dinner in the MDR (waiters singing or bringing out the cake) - on a few sailings, I'd go as far as saying it's at least one per night so don't feel shy about mentioning it onboard ;).

We have noted it as suggested but no acknowledgement. We were told that we had to be on the cruise on the day of the event as just about any married couple can say the cruise is to celebrate an anniversary or a birthday for anyone and they have so many

We've had everything from decorations in our cabin / signs on our cabin door to a special dessert in the MDR when celebrating a special day. For our anniversary, we've received chocolate covered strawberries once and a bottle of wine delivered to our room a couple of times. It seems to differ from cruise to cruise. We usually do cruise to celebrate our special days (birthdays, anniversaries and retirement once). It seems to me that this is on Princess but they leave a card in your room to take to the dining room for a special dessert and hand it to the waiter. They will sing to you but I am sure you can request them to just bring the dessert without all the hoopla.

During the shows, they will oftentimes ask 'who here is on their honeymoon' ... you can choose how you want to respond. I say ... it only happens once so live it up and take it all in.

I usually cruise on my birthday. Most years, I receive a special chocolate cake served with dinner. This year, on the Eclipse, I received chocolate covered strawberries and wine from our room steward, a chocolate cake and wine from the CC hostess, and 2 bottles of wine from the Captain. In May, on the Equinox for my DWs birthday, the CC hostess treated us to dinner in Tuscan. I wouldn't expect that these things would happen on any type of regular basis, but we certainly enjoyed our birthdays this year. Thank you Celebrity.

We made friends in Michael's with two honeymoon couples on the Solstice a few years ago. They had been invited to and attended a champagne celebration with a few more couples, the CC host and a few officers....

It is worth popping down to guest relations as you board and mentioning you are on your honeymoon and asking if there are any special events organised....

To make the most of your honeymoon cruise I would recommend you enjoy at least one meal in Murano's....

Hello fellow cruisers:

I searched the forums and didn't find anything recent on this topic. My fiance and I (soon to be husband) will be sailing on the Equinox in late August for our honeymoon. Since it's a celebration I was thinking about noting in our reservation that it is our honeymoon. Does noting it actually do anything?

We are both shy people and so we don't necessarily want it made a big public deal (i.e., a group singing "happy birthday" in the MDR if it was a birthday) but if noting it would get us something special like a card in our room or a special dessert or something than I will do so.

Anyone have any experience about what they do (or don't do) if you note it's a honeymoon?

Thank you in advance for an insight.

One suggestion I would make is to ask for your request once you are onboard with either the the Event Coordinator, GRM, or Maitre'd . If you want a special desert on day X of a cruise to celebrate an event, ask for one.

I'm always surprised when I see people disappointed or annoyed that a certain event was not celebrated the way they had hoped. I think with 2800+ passengers onboard, you have to make clear what you would like to happen and when to a person that can make that wish come true.

We were sailing during our anniversary and it was on a formal night. To help us celebrate everyone in the dining room was served Cherries Jubilee. 🤔

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We were sailing during our anniversary and it was on a formal night. To help us celebrate everyone in the dining room was served Cherries Jubilee. 🤔

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Served or offered :evilsmile: ;p?

Served or offered :evilsmile: ;p?

Have you ever tried to not take it? The waiters always insist and almost beg you to have it. Never understood the all the hoopla about that, Baked Alaska or Creme Brûlée.

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I usually cruise on my birthday. Most years, I receive a special chocolate cake served with dinner. This year, on the Eclipse, I received chocolate covered strawberries and wine from our room steward, a chocolate cake and wine from the CC hostess, and 2 bottles of wine from the Captain. In May, on the Equinox for my DWs birthday, the CC hostess treated us to dinner in Tuscan. I wouldn't expect that these things would happen on any type of regular basis, but we certainly enjoyed our birthdays this year. Thank you Celebrity.

Were you sailing in a suite? That is quite a list of celebratory treats (no pun intended..lol). We had a 'very' special anniversary last year which our CTA noted and not a crumb of cake was offered (Murano). Nor any other b'day/anniversary. Guess the ships are getting too big to stay on top of these important (to us) events. Staying in concierge vs suites doesn't give the same exposure to those hard working hostesses who keep these dates in mind for their guests.

I was on then new website last night and found they now have a way to designate special occasions. If you go to My Reservations -> Manage Reservation -> Manage Vacation there is a section on the right side of the page for Add On's Celebrations Add Special Occasion Details.