Towel Animal Request?

tyeomans

Does anybody know if you can request a special towel animal to be made for your stateroom? We are going on a cruise with my parents in a couple of weeks, and we want to make it super special for them. The cruise itself was a Christmas gift, and since then we have made little things here and there for the cruise just for the excitement and anticipation of it being their first cruise. We've made family t-shirts, a custom tumbler for the each of them, and even got them each a gift card for them to purchase anything they may need or want for the cruise. On the last night of the cruise, I would like to see if our room steward would fashion a peace sign and butterfly out of some towels as they are your ultimate hippy, flowerchild, born-out-of-the-sixties parents. My mother would LOVE it! I would obviously tip the steward if he/she could do it. Do you think this is possible?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I wonder if they only have so many standard critters that they know how to make, but it never hurts to ask, you never know!

Last cruise when we came in, there was the "platypus looking critter" sitting on the bed. I jokingly said to my wife "I hope we get a monkey one night" The next night, there was no towel critter on the bed, but when I turned around, I was face to face with a towel monkey hanging from the light fixture above the mirror. The cabin steward must have overhead my comment and accommodated! :D

So like I said, never hurts to try, if they can do it, I bet they will. Also, I imagine that a butterfly would be pretty easy to invent. I am not sure about the peace sign though. I wonder if you secretly packed a tie-dye towel, if the steward would use it for something :)

I wonder if they only have so many standard critters that they know how to make, but it never hurts to ask, you never know!

Last cruise when we came in, there was the "platypus looking critter" sitting on the bed. I jokingly said to my wife "I hope we get a monkey one night" The next night, there was no towel critter on the bed, but when I turned around, I was face to face with a towel monkey hanging from the light fixture above the mirror. The cabin steward must have overhead my comment and accommodated! :D

So like I said, never hurts to try, if they can do it, I bet they will. Also, I imagine that a butterfly would be pretty easy to invent. I am not sure about the peace sign though. I wonder if you secretly packed a tie-dye towel, if the steward would use it for something :)

Love that idea! I even have a tie-dye towel!

Does anybody know if you can request a special towel animal to be made for your stateroom? We are going on a cruise with my parents in a couple of weeks, and we want to make it super special for them. The cruise itself was a Christmas gift, and since then we have made little things here and there for the cruise just for the excitement and anticipation of it being their first cruise. We've made family t-shirts, a custom tumbler for the each of them, and even got them each a gift card for them to purchase anything they may need or want for the cruise. On the last night of the cruise, I would like to see if our room steward would fashion a peace sign and butterfly out of some towels as they are your ultimate hippy, flowerchild, born-out-of-the-sixties parents. My mother would LOVE it! I would obviously tip the steward if he/she could do it. Do you think this is possible?

Asking does not hurt.