Egg drop activity, still around?

land lover

Has anyone seen it advertised in the Pattern or participated in one recently?

Last month I was on the Majestic and participated, however we used hard boiled eggs. I know a few years ago the activity had great participation. Just wondering if I can expect one on my 7 day Crown Scandinavian cruise this month. Is this activity totally up to the CD or has it stopped on cruises due to lack of interest or interest of staff not wanting to do the clean up?

I do know Dan Falconer was our CD on Majestic and was our CD before when some egg drops took place on sailings out of San Pedro in the last few years, just curious.

Any Pax recently on Crown?

Thanks, for responding. I agree CD said it came from the top as they wanted the ship pristine when it was "turned over" to China.

I actually cracked my first egg trying to put it in my egg holder, but next one did survive the drop.

The reason I want to know is we received this totally hilarious/hideous prize from playing trivia that I used to make my egg holder.

A foam hand with thumb up that says "you're a winner", with a Princess logo. It's rather bulky, but just so useless I thought I would use it on another egg drop, and don't want to bring it if the odds r not good for the activity. I guess it could double as padding for a wine bottle.

We did not have an egg drop on our CB cruise last December. I'm doubting they'll have one on our upcoming British isles cruise either since it's so port intensive. In December we did have the paper airplane contest, which garnered a lot of participation.

We did not have an egg drop on our CB cruise last December. I'm doubting they'll have one on our upcoming British isles cruise either since it's so port intensive. In December we did have the paper airplane contest, which garnered a lot of participation.

Agree. Usually only if there are several sea days.

When the OP boards the ship, look for the Cruise Director and tell him/her you would like this activity if possible.

We had the egg drop activity on the Crown in June on our Summer Solstice cruise of the Norwegian fiords.

Yes we did and couldn't believe there was so many people around the Piazza thought there was something good taking place but no an egg drop :rolleyes::rolleyes:. What is that all about other than very cheap entertainment.

Yes we did and couldn't believe there was so many people around the Piazza thought there was something good taking place but no an egg drop :rolleyes::rolleyes:. What is that all about other than very cheap entertainment.

To me, it sounded like the participants and spectators had a good time. Laughter and clapping was occurring and in my opinion, that's a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, that is what it is....just like most other activities on the ship:D

Most I have participated in have been on 7 day cruises, It is amusing when the egg goes "SPLAT." Some pax, including kids come up with very clever designs for their "parachute." My parachutes have been successful about 50% of the time.

I think you forgot write IMO at the end of your post....to each their own! What you like others may also deem cheap entertainment also IMO ;)

Thanks everyone who has posted because I will now take this "foam hand" with me. On our Majestic cruise they had some prizes I had not seen before, don't know if they purchase them specifically for this ship. But they were a new medal water bottle, a string back back, a journal book and the foam hand all items had the princess sea witch on them.

BTW..... The livery on the ship was beautiful in person...I really though I would not like it but was pleasantly surprised.

I think you forgot write IMO at the end of your post....to each their own! What you like others may also deem cheap entertainment also IMO ;)

Just like this foam hand....as a prize I am calling it hideous and hilarious...others probably think it's great. Same as the champagne on the ship..and posters on CC posting statements or questions that many of us would view as insignificant or not useful. It's what makes the world go round.... enjoy your next cruise everyone. I know I will whether or not there is an egg drop.

Since it's so popular they should at least give 1 decent prize to the winner instead of the cheap gift of a refrigeration clip magnet.

All I have participated in they give a water bottle. I keep my clip magnets in my carry on and put them on my metal cabin wall for hanging up important papers.

Edited by land lover

I know about metal water bottles, journals and foam fingers, but what is a string back back?

Probably should have said draw string backpack.

Thin bag 12"x18" with strings on each side that when pulled tighten bag and then you put it over your shoulders. Have become a frequent give away at events, I have recently been too. All the free ones I have received I have used for my down pillow I always carry on trips, for shoes in my case and of course there true purpose a light weight backpack. They are cheap for the vendor to purchase however often the logo rubs off and strings become loose. But it is a new and "useful" promo in the last few years to hand out at fundraising events, first day of school, runs..and now Princess has jumped on the band wagon.

Edited by land lover

I love this and usually get it thru the hoop. I guess all that wasted time in study hall as a child perfecting my design has finally paid off :)

For the cost of one ream of paper Princess sure packs the atrium with a crowd, everyone really enjoys watching and cheering the paper planes.