Cruise Critic Community
4x4bob

Recommend a Good Pub

In Sept we will be flying into London to stay 3 days before departing on a Cruise Ship out of Southhampton.

Our Hotel will be the Grange Tower Bridge Hotel close to the Tower Bridge.

Can someone recommend a good pub for us to visit that would be close to the Hotel?

thanks

Bob

Little bit of a walk but the liberty bounds - (wetherspoons) is above the tower of london on tower hill - reasonable food and very good ale/beer .

The Liberty Bounds

15 Trinity Square, London EC3N 4AA

Little bit of a walk but the liberty bounds - (wetherspoons) is above the tower of london on tower hill - reasonable food and very good ale/beer .

The Liberty Bounds

15 Trinity Square, London EC3N 4AA

Thanks for the information.

over the years we have visited Pubs from New York to Houston Texas to Vancouver BC. WE have found them full of good people having fun.

Now we want to add another Pub to our list during our visit to London.

Bob

Thanks for the information.

over the years we have visited Pubs from New York to Houston Texas to Vancouver BC. WE have found them full of good people having fun.

Now we want to add another Pub to our list during our visit to London.

Bob

Having been into London a few times, there are many great pubs, with decent food these days too. Have a google up of London Pubs or UK Pubs, plenty there.:halo:

Above all enjoy.;p

It depends what you call good, do you mean authentic old style cheap. Weatherspoon pubs are pile em high sell em low establishments. Their food is pre packaged. I really suggest you take a look at some others if you want a great place to go. We don't dislike weatherspoons as you get good value on Denis but they're not the greatest on food. Moorgate and fen church are areas full of city workers so there's many around.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can recommend the Dickens Inn which is quite close to the Tower and to Tower Bridge. Marble Quay, London E1W

When we were in the city we had a pint at The Minories which wasn’t at all far from the bridge. We didn’t have food as we were there only 2 hours after eating lunch, but the place was pretty popular.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On 10/13/2017 at 7:47 PM, NSWP said:

Having been into London a few times, there are many great pubs, with decent food these days too. Have a google up of London Pubs or UK Pubs, plenty there.:halo:

Above all enjoy.;p

I totally agree; don't limit yourself to one pub.
Try lots of 'em - have one drink then move to the next one.
You won't like them all but you'll have some favourites - and you'll have some fun.
Talk to the locals too. You'll be amazed what you'll learn.
Oh, and stay away from the tourist areas - go where the locals go - watch where they go for lunch or after work - they will be their favourite pubs in the area.

Staying around Tower Bridge we visited the Minories, which is located in the arches under a railway bridge, as the lines leave Fenchurch St Station.. Good beers and good food. 

On 10/29/2017 at 1:38 AM, MicCanberra said:

I can recommend the Dickens Inn which is quite close to the Tower and to Tower Bridge. Marble Quay, London E1W

Dickens was going to be my suggestion too..... 

Image result for dickens inn katherines dock

Don't forget to book up a free trip up to the sky garden for some great views of the Thames and surrounding area.

Edited by les37b