18% Gratuity added Specialty Restaurants

There is a gratuity included in the cover charge but the amount is not specified by the cruise line (I suspect it's not much).

Any beverages you purchase in a specialty restaurant will include an 18% service fee.

I tend to tip an extra $10 to $20 per couple depending on the restaurant and level of service. Tipping in cash seems to be really appreciated.

Lou

I received a complimentary specialty restaurant for 4. If we eat at CP 150, do we pay for a tip? What if we do or don't buy a martini?

The specialty restaurant fee (which you are getting for free) is supposed to include gratuity. You are welcome to add more if you like.

This makes me feel a little better. We had dinner in Giovanni's and when I looked at my receipt a few days later, I was feeling guilty for not leaving a tip. Dinner was wonderful and reminded me of what cruise food used to be.

Sue

There is a gratuity included in the cover charge but the amount is not specified by the cruise line (I suspect it's not much).

Any beverages you purchase in a specialty restaurant will include an 18% service fee.

I tend to tip an extra $10 to $20 per couple depending on the restaurant and level of service. Tipping in cash seems to be really appreciated.

Lou

This is what we do exactly. Especially if you go back to the same restaurant, believe me they remember you :)