Silver Spirits Beverage Packageed

sabrefan

The links are really very helpful. Thank you.

If you wanted to order a cocktail with a specific alcohol that is on the SS list, are you able to request that rather than house? For example, can you order a Grey Goose martini or lemon drop rather than house vodka, and it is still included in the SS package?

Yes as long as it is under $15

Also, aren’t you able to order wine or champagne by the bottle and receive a percentage off regardless of the bottle with the SS package

Yes I believe that is the case but as I recall the percentage is pretty measly given you’ve already paid $24 bucks for the bottle (4 glasses x 6 bucks per) plus whatever the included wine is worth.

?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The links are really very helpful. Thank you.

If you wanted to order a cocktail with a specific alcohol that is on the SS list, are you able to request that rather than house? For example, can you order a Grey Goose martini or lemon drop rather than house vodka, and it is still included in the SS package?

Also, aren’t you able to order wine or champagne by the bottle and receive a percentage off regardless of the bottle with the SS package?

Yes, absolutely order the type of liquor you want in your cocktail. I know they have Grey Goose in the bars.

Yes, there is, I think 15% off if I remember right, a bottle of wine if you have the SS package.

So to clarify ..... there is one house red, one house white and one beer that is included with the cruise. There is no info on what brands they typically serve. Everything else on the lists in this thread is included in the SS package up to $15/glass or $50/bottle and above that it’s full price less a 15% discount. Is that pretty accurate?

AND ...... the list from the Viking website is in Euros.

There is a link in my signature but here ya go:

WWW.CruisinWithClay.wordpress.com. If you scroll down you will see a “follow” button. If you click it and enter your email you get an automatic notification when i post.

I posted a lot during the TA on Sky-now about once a week as we continue our adventure. Happy to have you along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks clay. Starting to peruse the blog. 👍🏻

So to clarify ..... there is one house red, one house white and one beer that is included with the cruise. There is no info on what brands they typically serve. Everything else on the lists in this thread is included in the SS package up to $15/glass or $50/bottle and above that it’s full price less a 15% discount. Is that pretty accurate?

AND ...... the list from the Viking website is in Euros.

If the wine list in Euros, then it is from a river cruise where the on-board currency is the euro. On Viking Ocean, the on board currency is the US dollar. Oceans and Rivers have different wine lists and different prices and rules on the packages.

The house wines and beers change every few days--white and red wines, light and dark beers.

This is the current description of the plan from the SS pdf (their text, my bullets):

The Viking Ocean Cruises Silver Spirits beverage package includes

• any drink up to $15, throughout the day and anywhere on the ship;

• The Chef’s Table premium wine pairing;

• and 15% off
    premium
    beverages, Armagnacs and bottles of wine over $50.

Wine by the bottle is not included on the package but if a bottle is over $50, it will be discounted.

People have posted links to photos of the bar menus in some of the other drinks package threads. I would make it easy and given you a link to what I posted but they are two years old already and too old to rely on.

The Evian and San Pellegrino is included in the beverage package. However---the beverage package is separate from the mini-bar inclusions. So you will not be able to get the special waters in your mini-bar. They will only give you soda and tonic water---neither of which we drink. We tried ordering the Evian and after the second day they were out of inventory. You can get sparkling water at the restaurants and World Cafe, but it is coming out of a spigot and not in individual bottles. So I am not sure what it actually is or if it contains sodium, etc.

Part of the reason we ordered the beverage package was for the Evian and San Pellegrino. It proved problematic.

Ended up ordering from room service and there was confusion over if it was included and we were charged for the San Pellegrino.

As a water person--I was disappointed that there is no LaCroix, Dasani or small bottles of Evian.

Viking is allegedly targeting educated, high-end cruisers who would be nutrition conscious. So I was really surprised by the emphasis on sodas in the mini-bar.

Yes--there is always water available. But we were disappointed in the offerings and think Viking needs to step up in this area.

You can contact Viking and ask them about the sodium content of the filtered water on the ship (which is the source of the still and sparking water served in the dining rooms and proved in carafes in our cabins). Write to tellus@vikingcruises.com.

If the wine list in Euros, then it is from a river cruise where the on-board currency is the euro. On Viking Ocean, the on board currency is the US dollar. Oceans and Rivers have different wine lists and different prices and rules on the packages.

The house wines and beers change every few days--white and red wines, light and dark beers.

This is the current description of the plan from the SS pdf (their text, my bullets):

The Viking Ocean Cruises Silver Spirits beverage package includes

• any drink up to $15, throughout the day and anywhere on the ship;

• The Chef’s Table premium wine pairing;

• and 15% off
    premium
    beverages, Armagnacs and bottles of wine over $50.

Wine by the bottle is not included on the package but if a bottle is over $50, it will be discounted.

People have posted links to photos of the bar menus in some of the other drinks package threads. I would make it easy and given you a link to what I posted but they are two years old already and too old to rely on.

Thanks so much. I’ve seen some bar menus and the house red, white and beer aren’t specified. I’ve asked the question in another thread re: detail. Hopefully I’ll get an answer. Either way it will work out. 👍🏻

Thanks so much. I’ve seen some bar menus and the house red, white and beer aren’t specified. I’ve asked the question in another thread re: detail. Hopefully I’ll get an answer. Either way it will work out. 👍🏻

Details such as you seek are hard to come by. The house wine lists are not set in stone and they keep changing, from ship to ship, from sailing to sailing, and then every few days over the course of the cruise. On the house wines, if there is one from a couple of days ago that you liked, you can ask if it is available. The same with the beers, always changing.