Snorkeling and lobster lunch

melobstah55

My wife and I would love the lobster but our daughter, not so much. Do they have a non seafood meal that someone could get instead of the lobster?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Per their website http://www.creoleAntiguatours.com, chicken, fish, or vegetarian options also available on request. You select when you register for the excursion.

Sent from my E101-2018 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

For those of you that have done either the Creole excursion or the catamaran excursion from the ship, we are considering doing one of these but my dad is disabled. He can walk a little bit with a cane or walker and he does not swim. Do you think he would be able to easily get on and around either boat? Are drinks available while people are snorkeling so he can sit and enjoy himself? How about seating onboard? Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Kind regards,

Steph

For those of you that have done either the Creole excursion or the catamaran excursion from the ship, we are considering doing one of these but my dad is disabled. He can walk a little bit with a cane or walker and he does not swim. Do you think he would be able to easily get on and around either boat? Are drinks available while people are snorkeling so he can sit and enjoy himself? How about seating onboard? Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Kind regards,

Steph

The creole boat is a v-hull and entry from the water is by a ladder. Getting on the boat from the pier might be a challenge as you have to step off the pier onto the edge of the boat, but Glen and his crew are more than helpful. Problem is greatest at Bird Island where the lobster lunch is served. You have to get off the boat as lunch is served on the shoreline at picnic tables. There's no pier at Bird Island. Drinks flow during lunch and on board while en route to the next snorkeling stop and the back to to cruise port. Hope this helps.

As far as the catamaran cruise, haven't done one on Antigua but the biggest challenge again is getting on and off the boat. Once on board, there's plenty of room to moved around, unlike a v-hull. FYI the restrooms on a cat are below deck requiring descending and ascending a rather steep set of steps.

Sent from my X10 using Forums mobile app

The creole boat is a v-hull and entry from the water is by a ladder. Getting on the boat from the pier might be a challenge as you have to step off the pier onto the edge of the boat, but Glen and his crew are more than helpful. Problem is greatest at Bird Island where the lobster lunch is served. You have to get off the boat as lunch is served on the shoreline at picnic tables. There's no pier at Bird Island. Drinks flow during lunch and on board while en route to the next snorkeling stop and the back to to cruise port. Hope this helps.

As far as the catamaran cruise, haven't done one on Antigua but the biggest challenge again is getting on and off the boat. Once on board, there's plenty of room to moved around, unlike a v-hull. FYI the restrooms on a cat are below deck requiring descending and ascending a rather steep set of steps.

Thanks very much! That is super helpful. My husband and father-in-law will also be there, so we shouldn't have a problem getting my dad on and off, but it sounds like the catamaran would be better for him once onboard. I appreciate your input very much!

Thanks very much! That is super helpful. My husband and father-in-law will also be there, so we shouldn't have a problem getting my dad on and off, but it sounds like the catamaran would be better for him once onboard. I appreciate your input very much!
Glad to help. Hope y'all have fun. Let me know how the cat sail was. We'll be doing Creole almost for certain, our third with them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

My mom and I did Creole Lobster Lunch back in Jan 2013 and I was having a difficult time finding my notes so I'm glad I found this thread! DH and I will be there in Nov on Serenade and I so wanted to take him on this excursion. Just sent my request and am counting down the days! Mom and I had an awesome time and the guys were so great with my mom who doesn't swim or snorkel.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

My mom and I did Creole Lobster Lunch back in Jan 2013 and I was having a difficult time finding my notes so I'm glad I found this thread! DH and I will be there in Nov on Serenade and I so wanted to take him on this excursion. Just sent my request and am counting down the days! Mom and I had an awesome time and the guys were so great with my mom who doesn't swim or snorkel.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

We are so excited for this.. Gotta wait until November !!!! Great news and happy your mom had fun😊💚

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking at this excursion for January 2019. With limited mobility I’m thinking the Mystic looks more doable. Worried about the ladder on the Creole. It will be 3 months post bilateral knee replacement. My biggest hurdle is standing from a low sitting position. Any suggestions from others that have mobility issues?

• 3 weeks later...

Mama day, you would not want to do the Creole trip.  You are picked up at the dock and have to step down into the boat and at Bird Island, you must climb down and up the boat ladder—in the water.  

On 11/9/2018 at 12:26 PM, PRH said:

Mama day, you would not want to do the Creole trip.  You are picked up at the dock and have to step down into the boat and at Bird Island, you must climb down and up the boat ladder—in the water.  

Thanks PRH. My mobility is improving. Exercises twice daily helps but still difficult sitting in low places and then standing back up. It’s hard to explain. I can walk longer distances and go up and down stairs with a handrail. 

• 2 months later...

Just to add a recent update to this topic.

We did the lobster lunch with Creole tours in late January and were not disappointed. The entire day was amazing. The crew took great care of us, both on board the boat, snorkelling and providing food and drinks. The lobster lunch was delicious in a picturesque setting - the tables are placed at the beach edge. 

They certainly deserve their excellent reputation and I would thoroughly recommend their trip.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finding it hard to get a real sense of what all you do on this Creole excursion.

Start your cruise from Jolly Har­bour and head towards Five Islands Bay. Observe the ele­gant egret bird and pel­i­cans fish­ing and hunt­ing in their nat­ural habi­tat. Con­tinue the boat ride on the north west­ern side past Fort James along the pic­turesque coast­line to Dick­in­son Bay – rated one of the best beaches in the Caribbean.

I'm assuming this is just the boat ride and seeing these things as you pass by right?

The jour­ney con­tin­ues on to a secluded island off the north east­ern coast of Antigua, Bird Island where you will be able to snorkel in pris­tine clear water. Dis­cover the island and relax, while a sump­tu­ous local lob­ster lunch is freshly pre­pared on the beach. Enjoy the gor­geous taste of your lob­ster fresh out of the shell with Glen’s spe­cial home­made old-fashioned rum punch or any drink from the bar.

How long do you spend at Bird Island? How good is the snorkeling?

After lunch, either dig your feet into the sand for a bit longer or head out on a brief walk to a look­out spot that offers a superb panoramic view of the North Sound area.

It sounds like you might stay there for quite some time?

From Bird Island we will head to the ‘starfish gar­den’ near Maiden Island for some addi­tional snor­kel­ing or shal­low water relax­ation,where you can spot a vari­ety of starfish.

Is this a sandbar type of thing where the starfish are? Where is the snorkeling and how deep is the water there?

How long is this trip all together? Do they pick you up at the port?

Thanks in advance.

I'm finding it hard to get a real sense of what all you do on this Creole excursion.

Start your cruise from Jolly Har­bour and head towards Five Islands Bay. Observe the ele­gant egret bird and pel­i­cans fish­ing and hunt­ing in their nat­ural habi­tat. Con­tinue the boat ride on the north west­ern side past Fort James along the pic­turesque coast­line to Dick­in­son Bay – rated one of the best beaches in the Caribbean.

I'm assuming this is just the boat ride and seeing these things as you pass by right?

The jour­ney con­tin­ues on to a secluded island off the north east­ern coast of Antigua, Bird Island where you will be able to snorkel in pris­tine clear water. Dis­cover the island and relax, while a sump­tu­ous local lob­ster lunch is freshly pre­pared on the beach. Enjoy the gor­geous taste of your lob­ster fresh out of the shell with Glen’s spe­cial home­made old-fashioned rum punch or any drink from the bar.

After lunch, either dig your feet into the sand for a bit longer or head out on a brief walk to a look­out spot that offers a superb panoramic view of the North Sound area.

From Bird Island we will head to the ‘starfish gar­den’ near Maiden Island for some addi­tional snor­kel­ing or shal­low water relax­ation,where you can spot a vari­ety of starfish.

Is this a sandbar type of thing where the starfish are? Where is the snorkeling and how deep is the water there?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.