Snorkeling and lobster lunch

melobstah55

They meet you where the cruise ships dock, their boat is there too. Timings depend on when you dock and also what other people are joining the trip that may be staying on the island. We met at 9.30, there were 8 of us off the cruise ship and 4 from the island. The trip out to the islands takes about 45 minutes and they talk about various places you pass. They call into Bird island first to drop one of the crew off to get the bbq going, and then continue onto the first snorkelling area. We spent about an hour there. You then climb aboard and return to Bird island. 

We did the walk to the top before lunch, it’s a fabulous view from the top. After about 10 minutes we made our way back down and then lunch was ready. On the boat over you are served soft drinks (no alcohol before the first swim since it is the more strenuous). Once on the island there was copious rum punch / wine / beer / soft drinks / water. We the sat down for lunch and there was an opportunity after that to swim by the island. Our group mainly chatted and paddled in the water. I didn’t time it but would say we had a ~2 hours there. I will say it went so fast! Once everything was cleared (everything taken off the island) we then moved onto Maiden island for the second snorkel. To some extent, the amount of time is dictated by what time you are required back on board ship. Our all aboard was 4.30 ( they had checked this at the start of the trip) and so we left the island around 3pm to ensure we got back in plenty of time. We were back at the dock around 3.45. 

If your group has a later departure then you will be lucky enough to have more time! 

The time went so quickly on the trip. The reviews speak for themselves, and for one couple who were staying on the island, this was their 3rd time with Creole. They had tried another operator last year but found it did not compare!!

Hope this answers some of your queries.  

I am hoping to do this excursion later this month.  I submitted a request at their website (almost a week ago) and got an email response saying they would get back to me as soon as possible, but I haven’t gotten a confirmation. How long does it usually take? Should I email them again? Thanks for any info. 

2 hours ago, ppfqp said:

I am hoping to do this excursion later this month.  I submitted a request at their website (almost a week ago) and got an email response saying they would get back to me as soon as possible, but I haven’t gotten a confirmation. How long does it usually take? Should I email them again? Thanks for any info. 

I would get back to them, they were usually very good at responding to emails in my experience