Rci app

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Put your phone in airplane mode, then turn on Wifi.  Connect to Royal's internet service onboard.  You can use the app without any internet connection.  As long as you are in airplane mode you won't be roaming.

Thank you for the information. I have it on my iPad now.  Am looking forward to appearing like I know what I'm doing, LOL...😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Has anyone seem similar behavior to this? Kind of frustrating - we have a cruise in three weeks. My wife and I are on the same reservation. She can freely browse the app for our cruise and look at whatever she wants to. When I open the app and choose my cruise, I get this message: 😡

1263458657_ScreenShot2020-01-16at3_21_48PM.png.e5b884d8b49b3ba8c39b6710743c37dd.png

4 minutes ago, fletch1027 said:

Has anyone seem similar behavior to this? Kind of frustrating - we have a cruise in three weeks. My wife and I are on the same reservation. She can freely browse the app for our cruise and look at whatever she wants to. When I open the app and choose my cruise, I get this message: 😡

Just scroll down to the bottom to the other ships we support section and find your sailing that way.  You can't really access your reservation through the app and do anything with it until you are on the ship's wifi anyways.

• Thanks 1

Does The Oasis have a free app you can use on your iPhone to text other family members u r cruising with. There will be 35 family members traveling together and we want to be able to find and communicate with each other.

Thank you in advance!

11 hours ago, Mr. Candyman said:

Anyone else hear about this, especially since there was another update?

That might only apply to a few things and closer to sailing - other than dining venues (and corresponding menus), the app seems to only loads things a couple of weeks before sailing.

55 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That might only apply to a few things and closer to sailing - other than dining venues (and corresponding menus), the app seems to only loads things a couple of weeks before sailing.

I'm still looking for others that have encountered the same thing but this particular sailing is for April 18th.   I'll have to go back and see what was reserved but I want to say it was laser tag.

Edited by Mr. Candyman

55 minutes ago, Mr. Candyman said:

I'll have to go back and see what was reserved but I want to say it was laser tag.

I can see "free" things being able to be reserved but don't think RCI has things in place to take credit card info in the app. You may want ask this in the roll call thread for your sailing - there are probably some tinkerers in there who may have done it.

On 1/17/2020 at 5:29 PM, 12times said:

Does The Oasis have a free app you can use on your iPhone to text other family members u r cruising with. There will be 35 family members traveling together and we want to be able to find and communicate with each other.

Thank you in advance!

Last year on the Harmony we were able to text each other using Google Hangouts while being on the ship's WiFi network.  This was without any of us buying an internet package.  Because I have WiFi calling, I was also able to send standard text messages to people on land as well.  We could send text, but not pictures with each other.  I believe RCI has left some of the network ports on their network, which allows this.  Other people who I have talked to about this have been able to use iMessage as well (I cannot verify this, because I am not an Apple user).

So there is still a chance all of you will be able to communicate with each other on the ship.  I would have everyone download Google Hangouts before the cruise.  Once on the ship, put the phone in airplane mode, but then turn WiFi back on.  Connect to the ship's WiFi (the same you would connect to to use the app for free on board).  If they have not changed this since last year (which from some of the reports I have seen, they have not), you should be able to communicate with each other through a messaging app.

3 minutes ago, soulbait said:

So there is still a chance all of you will be able to communicate with each other on the ship. 

Your experience from last year no longer works, but, on Harmony, the RCI app has a texting feature which works.

14 hours ago, dewatson12 said:

anyone used the RC app to check in and get their SetSail pass??

If you get expedited check in for your Anthem sailing you won't need either the app nor a paper SetSail pass - the facial recognition in the expedited lane will take care of it.

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If you get expedited check in for your Anthem sailing you won't need either the app nor a paper SetSail pass - the facial recognition in the expedited lane will take care of it.

Yes, However the facial recognition is not always working.