bathroom amenities

Lil Pups

Hi all We are big Celebrity and RCCL cruisers who have decided it's time for something different. We are currently booked on the 11/25 Nieuw Amsterdam for a seven day cruise, Just wondering what amenities are given in the bathrooms We are in a veranda on deck 8. Thx

A shower cap, small bottle of Elemis body lotion, and a bar of soap will be placed at the sink.

The tub wall will have larger bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash attached to them. Everything will be replenished as needed.

Holland America provides 3 canister dispensers of liquids in the showers/baths: Body wash, shampoo and conditioner. Plus the room steward will provide bar soap and a small container of body lotion, either of which you can request more of at any time. We usually ask for a second bar of soap to have one in the shower and one at the sink. All the products are Elemis brand, also sold in the on-board spa.

Personal satisfaction to these products varies and some people decide to bring their own preferred products. For myself and DH, we use what they provide and do mostly fine, especially on a short cruise. For a long cruise, say over a month, I usually bring a small tube of concentrated hair conditioner.

If you bring your own liquids, be sure to double bag them, especially if they are in checked baggage on flights because the changes in air pressure can cause leakage.

HAL does not provide Q-tips or cotton balls - I recall that Celebrity did that on the two cruises I had with them; I have not been on RC so can't make a comparison, but others here will be able to help you, I am sure. Enjoy, m--

edited: Sorry for the redundancy, I was typing, slowly, while Ruth was on it! m--

Hi all We are big Celebrity and RCCL cruisers who have decided it's time for something different. We are currently booked on the 11/25 Nieuw Amsterdam for a seven day cruise, Just wondering what amenities are given in the bathrooms We are in a veranda on deck 8. Thx
Copied and pasted from Suites and Staterooms after clicking Onboard in banner on HAL homepage:

Verandah

2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, shower, sitting area, private verandah, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 228-420 sq. ft. including verandah.

Not all staterooms within each category have the same furniture configuration and/or facilities. All information is subject to change.

Verandah Stateroom Amenities include:

• Our signature Mariner's Dream™ bed featuring finely woven cotton linens
  • Luxurious bathrobes for use during your voyage
  • 100% Egyptian cotton towels
  • Premium massage showerhead
  • 5X magnifying make-up mirror and salon-quality hair dryer
  • Room safe
  • Mini fridge
  • Fragrant soap, lotion, shampoo from Elemis Aromapure
  • Complimentary fresh fruit on request
  • Flat-panel TV with video-on-demand
  • Ice service, shoeshine service and nightly turndown service