re meat pies

Just to make life more "interesting" Pringles have just released meat pie flavoured potato chips.

Now, it's probably no shock to hear that I love a pie (fair dinkum I do) and have put a few away in my time, BUT.... pass.

Last time I looked at a team with green and red jumpers they certainly were "Rabbits" and eating huge Humble Pies, belted 64 to 6 by a massive STORM.

I am actually a 'Sharks Fan' having lived in Sutherland Shire for 30 years, before heading down the coast.:*

But in the 60's and 70's I did live in South Sydney territory.

I am actually a 'Sharks Fan' having lived in Sutherland Shire for 30 years, before heading down the coast.:*

But in the 60's and 70's I did live in South Sydney territory.

OMG if we add Melb premierships (2) and the Sharks (1) they equal my bunnies 21

Yeah, come back and tell us all about it when they've got 21 premierships under their belt.

Just remind me how many they have, ohhhh that's right two.

Not to be too picky but they had a few stripped off them as well, that has been in the last 19 years, think Souths have had one in that same time.

OMG if we add Melb premierships (2) and the Sharks (1) they equal my bunnies 21������

C'mon Mr GUT, Souths have been in the Rugby League for over a 100 years !!!

Sharks came along in 1967 with the 'Chocolate Soldiers - Penrith Panthers.. Melbourne Storm arrived only a few years ago.:') I think the Mexicans should have stuck to that silly VFL game.:p

Sorry folks, another thread hijack - run off das autobahn again. Better stick to meat pies.

Edited by NSWP

C'mon Mr GUT, Souths have been in the Rugby League for over a 100 years !!!

Sharks came along in 1967 with the 'Chocolate Soldiers - Penrith Panthers.. Melbourne Storm arrived only a few years ago.:') I think the Mexicans should have stuck to that silly VFL game.:p

Sorry folks, another thread hijack - run off das autobahn again. Better stick to meat pies.

1 in 50 years 2%

2 in 30 years (Melbourne) 6%, even give them back the two they were stripped of 12%.

Bunnies 21 in 109 years about 19%

1 in 50 years 2%

2 in 30 years (Melbourne) 6%, even give them back the two they were stripped of 12%.

Bunnies 21 in 109 years about 19%

Your math is out. Melbourne came in in 98, that makes it 11% or 22% with the stripped ones.

But then South's have only cheated the once.:p

But back to pies.

Could go an apple pie (with cream) about now.

Oh, you got me drooling with that one, as I sit here drinking water and no sweet stuff in sight. Yes i know it's good for my health :(

Back on meat pies, growing up there were none of these pre-packaged pies of today. There were 'pie-shop' pies with flaky pasty tops, with mince and lots of gravy, which needed to be eaten with a knife & fork, and 'footy' pies, which were of a stronger construction so you could eat them by hand. Both were best smothered in tomato sauce. The combination of gravy and sauce would always be seen on your shirt afterwards.

Oh, you got me drooling with that one, as I sit here drinking water and no sweet stuff in sight. Yes i know it's good for my health :(

Back on meat pies, growing up there were none of these pre-packaged pies of today. There were 'pie-shop' pies with flaky pasty tops, with mince and lots of gravy, which needed to be eaten with a knife & fork, and 'footy' pies, which were of a stronger construction so you could eat them by hand. Both were best smothered in tomato sauce. The combination of gravy and sauce would always be seen on your shirt afterwards.

Yep the local pie shop is still likely to have the very best pies. But there don't seem to be many of those anymore it seems their all chain bakeries now.

Back when I was a nipper every town had a pie and cake shop (often more than one) many also made bread or bread rolls.

And bread was made with flour and yeast and milk, a pinch of salt, maybe some butter.

Now even a bread shop seems to buy premixed bags, and mix it with water. Strewth walked past a "pie shop" the other day and noticed a truck out the back delivering boxes for frozen (I presume) pies and snag rolls.

Pie nostalgia....remember when some of us Sydneysiders ate... Ireland's, Big Ben, Sargents, Mckay & Boys, Four'n Twenty, some of those brands are still around.

Railway pies were legendary, available at Central Railway in Sydney.

Paddo Pie Shop (Paddington in Sydney) was legendary.

Great 3 course meal..sausage roll, meat pie and an apple turn over with cream to finish, and oh, large carton of Oak chocolate milk to wash it all down.

Ah, memories.

I had a Mrs Macs GF meat pie the other day, meat good but pastry like concrete.

Edited by NSWP

Pie nostalgia....remember when some of us Sydneysiders ate... Ireland's, Big Ben, Sargents, Mckay & Boys, Four'n Twenty, some of those brands are still around.

Railway pies were legendary, available at Central Railway in Sydney.

Paddo Pie Shop (Paddington in Sydney) was legendary.

Great 3 course meal..sausage roll, meat pie and an apple turn over with cream to finish, and oh, large carton of Oak chocolate milk to wash it all down.

Ah, memories.

I had a Mrs Macs GF meat pie the other day, meat good but pastry like concrete.

Railway pies were great.

Your three course meal was lunch on those days I got to buy lunch way back when.

Little story, got a good mate, arrived at my High School in 4th form, from a small country town, 40 years later he tells me he was terrified first time he saw me as I walked down the quad from the canteen with a pie with sauce in one hand, a lamington in the other and a sausage roll in my mouth like a cigar.

Now says he'd never seen anything so big looking so happy, didn't know what he'd gotten himself involved with. Been mates eve since.

Little story, got a good mate, arrived at my High School in 4th form, from a small country town, 40 years later he tells me he was terrified first time he saw me as I walked down the quad from the canteen with a pie with sauce in one hand, a lamington in the other and a sausage roll in my mouth like a cigar.

Now says he'd never seen anything so big looking so happy, didn't know what he'd gotten himself involved with. Been mates eve since.

Pure Gold Mr Gut.:') What a great skool lunch you had. These days my grandkids (5 of them) have to eat rabbit food at skool, no pies, sausage rolls, chiko rolls, apple pies, lamingtons etc. I mean what self respecting kid wants to eat a tuna salad for lunch ?

Pure Gold Mr Gut.:') What a great skool lunch you had. These days my grandkids (5 of them) have to eat rabbit food at skool, no pies, sausage rolls, chiko rolls, apple pies, lamingtons etc. I mean what self respecting kid wants to eat a tuna salad for lunch ?

Our school didn't even have a tuck shop, had to bring your own lunch. Some people would steal other people's lunches unfortunately, mine was only ever stolen once, even when I would leave it exposed for the taking.:(.