re meat pies

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

If this NSW situation  doesn't  get resolved  soon, I will have to cancel a trip to SA and one to WA as ACT is a red zone desp not having had covid here since MarchApril  last year

That doesn’t seem fair. However didn’t a NSW person fly or try to fly from ACT?

when is your first flight?

15 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I thought Shoalhaven didn’t have any positive people.  

I think they found covid in the sewage, not sure.  Shoalhaven LGA starts about 15 km north of Batemans Bay, near North Durras turn off on Princess Hwy.  It is only a matter of time before my lga - Eurobodalla gets hit, we have a long stretch of coastline south, almost to Bega.

Edited by NSWP

4 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Where is Shoalhaven in relation to you?

sI just mentioned that, 15km north of Batemans Bay Bridge, so 20km north of me at Batehaven.  But I can guarantee there are people from Sydney down here who snuck out of Greater Sydney. We will be next, mark my words.  There will be a revolution down here if we go into lockdown, very car dependent, town of 18000 people and roads always busy.  Public transport is poor and only 4 taxis in town.

7 hours ago, NSWP said:

sI just mentioned that, 15km north of Batemans Bay Bridge, so 20km north of me at Batehaven.  But I can guarantee there are people from Sydney down here who snuck out of Greater Sydney. We will be next, mark my words.  There will be a revolution down here if we go into lockdown, very car dependent, town of 18000 people and roads always busy.  Public transport is poor and only 4 taxis in town.

That is a worry for you.  Might be a good time to stay inside.for awhile.

13 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

That is a worry for you.  Might be a good time to stay inside.for awhile.

I am out and about, mask in pocket, lol. Golf today, lunch tomorrow.  I am not going to be incarcerated, we are not in lockdown, just masks inside shops etc.  Clubs, pubs all open.

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I am out and about, mask in pocket, lol. Golf today, lunch tomorrow.  I am not going to be incarcerated, we are not in lockdown, just masks inside shops etc.  Clubs, pubs all open.

Go enjoy yourself. You just never know when the idiots are going to escape lock down and effect other areas. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, kate59 said:

Go enjoy yourself. You just never know when the idiots are going to escape lock down and effect other areas. 

Indeed, our freedom down here will not last forever, someone with covid will drift in.  Then it will be lockdown time for all.

Some of the locals will not handle it too well, they like to be out and about.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Indeed, our freedom down here will not last forever, someone with covid will drift in.  Then it will be lockdown time for all.

Some of the locals will not handle it too well, they like to be out and about.

Yes we know the feeling. I am missing my family,  my bowls and the friendships I have. Phoning each other just not the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kate59 said:

Yes we know the feeling. I am missing my family,  my bowls and the friendships I have. Phoning each other just not the same.

Looking at all the cancellations in my diary I won’t be making any more flight bookings for some time. 
I agree.  the first thing I did when our lockdown finished on Sunday was to make outside lunch

bookings with my friends.  

For those Coeliacs like me..these are great pies....$11.99 for pack of two from IGA stores. Plenty of nice filling and nice gf pastry, I prefer the chicken ones.

Pies.jpg

Edited by NSWP

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

The only pies I’m getting are the ones I make at home.

Oh no. My local pie shop sells the best pie and mushy peas and Cornish pastries. It is in a small strip centre of shops so perfect for parking outside and rushing in and out.

10 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Covid / lockdown is affecting my pie eating habit. Need to get one soon.

You can nick out and get a dogs eye Mic, as can Mr Gut. A man has to eat.  Pies are essential food.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

Finally tried the Four & Twenty butter chicken pies ……….5/10  average at best 👎👎👎. Sadly they come in a pack of four so I will have to eat the other two at some time…no rush.

Graham, mail em down to the GUT, he will eat anything, lol.