re meat pies

Back to the topic...Having one of these for lunch, just got my Woollies home delivery, as Mr Walker said...It is just like Christmas when it arrives.

694031.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Minor disaster here this week. Perhaps from heating too many pies over the past 18 months or so, the microwave died in a wave of smoke on Tues night when doing the 'steamed in the bag' veges. Quickly disconnected and moved outside & exhaust fan switched to high!

New one ordered on line on Wed morning & delivered yesterday COVID safely and we are back on line. All good again here 🙂 

• Like 2

On 8/25/2017 at 11:16 PM, ozdevil said:

you cant beat a scollop pie made in Richmond Tasmania these are to die for... and i cant wait to have one when i head back to tassie in october

I didn’t like them and I love sea scollops.  I was so disappointed. 

The local pie shop I frequented closed in early December. It was moving from one street front to the main Street. All of about 50m.

Well, it looks like it is about to reopen next week.

Apparently, the big issue was electricity supply capacity. Needs lots to run the pie warmers and milkshake machine.  Compounding issues wth the electric company to do the upgrade, and the landlord’s resistance to cough up.

I had pie for lunch yesterday, probably a very uncommon type for the land down under. Barbequed pulled pork and brisket and vegetables in Barbeque sauce. It was quite nice. Today was Butter Chicken Samosas they were good too. Tomorrow the shop is having barbequed salmon tacos. Our shop foreman is an avid fisherman and he likes to share.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Graham, mail em down to the GUT, he will eat anything, lol.

Nah, knowing him and his delusions of “ spethial” he would probably want me to come and serve it to him on some bone china and silverware , although in reality he probably hasn’t mastered knives and forks yet  😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I had pie for lunch yesterday, probably a very uncommon type for the land down under. Barbequed pulled pork and brisket and vegetables in Barbeque sauce. It was quite nice. Today was Butter Chicken Samosas they were good too. Tomorrow the shop is having barbequed salmon tacos. Our shop foreman is an avid fisherman and he likes to share.

Bit flash Lyle, no horse on them? 

2 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Nah, knowing him and his delusions of “ spethial” he would probably want me to come and serve it to him on some bone china and silverware , although in reality he probably hasn’t mastered knives and forks yet  😂😂😂😂

Yes mate, Gut would want to be served his pies on ye olde Wedgewood china whilst sitting on your RCI Red Carpet, lol.

21 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

The Gutster don’t use no china, fine bone or otherwise. Mrs Gut might make him wash up.

Funny really, I don't mind eating a pie with a knife and fork, especially with some mashed potato and a glass of milk……but not all the time of course.🥧🥧🥧🍽🥛

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Had a couple of pies (from Coles) today, nice flavour and consistency of the filling but the casing was rock hard.

You should have tried Garlos from the spethial cabinet in Coles.

3649819.jpg.2b580569db5cd3472e1a8245dd575d98.jpg

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

You should have tried Garlos from the spethial cabinet in Coles.

3649819.jpg.2b580569db5cd3472e1a8245dd575d98.jpg

I don’t mind a Garlo’s pie (even though he played for South Sydney ) They have/ had ?  a shop  out at Kingsford near the airport and used to call in there “ a bit” when I used to drive the shuttle bus to the airport. ..before my OPT days.

Edited by gbenjo

16 hours ago, gbenjo said:

I don’t mind a Garlo’s pie (even though he played for South Sydney ) They have/ had ?  a shop  out at Kingsford near the airport and used to call in there “ a bit” when I used to drive the shuttle bus to the airport. ..before my OPT days.

Back in the eastern suburbs circa early-mid 1990's, I shared an office👮‍♂️ with Sean Garlick, good bloke, but he saw the light and now CEO of Garlos the family business which started in Matraville, probably 50 years ago.

SS20JSY01M_South-Sydney-Rabbitohs-2020-Mens-Replica-Home-Jersey_1__1594118169.jpg.328b2011efbc3cca3639b78e757bae95.jpgdownload.jpg.68b68e2b6e8a4644a245adee262633c0.jpg

Edited by NSWP

18 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Roast lamb the other night so mint lamb and vegetable pie tonight, maybe followed by apple pie and cream

Sounds like the digestive system is working OK, hope everything else has picked up too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Russell21 said:

Sounds like the digestive system is working OK, hope everything else has picked up too.

Thanks the fang doesn’t let me down too often (maybe unfortunately) though the lamb got cooked one night, sneezed and had a mini stroke, so didn’t get eaten till the next night, then a couple of pies out of the left overs.