re meat pies

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

250px-Meat_pie.jpg.bd595a6b562cd2bd0fb02c183592c2d6.jpgToday's Haydens pie...Snake and Kiddly.

Hey Les, was reading a travel blog about a trip from Sydney to Eden & they specifically mentioned Haydens Pies as a must-do & I thought of you mate.

Looking to travel down your way in Feb - can't believe how fast this year has got away.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mr walker said:

Hey Les, was reading a travel blog about a trip from Sydney to Eden & they specifically mentioned Haydens Pies as a must-do & I thought of you mate.

Looking to travel down your way in Feb - can't believe how fast this year has got away.

Thanks Neil,  Haydens is just south of Ulladulla CBD, left side heading south, you can take away or eat. All sorts of pies, hot and cold drinks, always busy.  Might see you in Feb then.🥩🍷

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, NSWP said:

What is is the significance of the numbers Julie? Perhaps secret code for a steak and mushroom, lol.

Pi to 29 decimal places. 😁

It popped up on FB so I took a screenshot of it. 

It would have been even funnier if they had spiraled the Pi number right into the middle. I wonder how many decimal places that would have been. 🤣

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The 32nd edition of the original Official Great Aussie Pie and Sausage Roll Competition will take place in Sydney from 24th - 26th November.

Naming the best pies and sausage rolls and who makes them in the country, the event will be overseen by a panel of dream-job holders - the official tasters and judges who will spend three days tasting and examining each entry.

Launching a new and fittingly festive category for the country’s most delicious Christmas Mince Pie, the 2021 competition will see hundreds of pies couriered in from bakers around the country, and is perfectly timed for Aussies to know where to buy the best pie and sausage roll there is this summer and festive season.

The 2021 Great Aussie Pie Competition will take place at Southern Cross Supplies in Lidcombe.

A live stream of the event on Facebook will ensure that pie fans around the country can witness all of the tasty action.

The full list of categories is as follows:

- Plain Meat Pie (Mince, Chunky & Mince Chunky Combo),

- Apprentice Gourmet Poultry (FREE Category)

- Gourmet Pie (Red Meat, Poultry, Game, Vegetarian/Vegan, Seafood, Gluten Free, Apple, Brekkie Pie & Slow-Cooked BBQ Pie)

- Sausage Roll (Plain, Gourmet & Gluten-Free)

- Christmas Fruit Mince Pie (Special Category)

- The John Ross Innovation Award

- Tom Lindsay Pepper Steak award

- First Great Aussie Potato Top / Shepherd’s Pie

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I will judge the GF range Neil.  But will need a boat to row to Sydney with all this rain lol

Yes weather not the best. Our son is holidaying at Merimbula, and it's a bit wet down there he says.

I'm always up for a pie, & judging them would just fit nicely 🙂 

• Like 1

Apart from Heatherbraes at Sutton Forest, I haven't  had pies from any of the other winners.

Truth be told I think the pies put before the judges are not what is normally sold as the pies I had from Heatherbraes were not very good at all and they were ridiculously  overpriced.

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The 32nd edition of the original Official Great Aussie Pie and Sausage Roll Competition will take place in Sydney from 24th - 26th November.

Naming the best pies and sausage rolls and who makes them in the country, the event will be overseen by a panel of dream-job holders - the official tasters and judges who will spend three days tasting and examining each entry.

Launching a new and fittingly festive category for the country’s most delicious Christmas Mince Pie, the 2021 competition will see hundreds of pies couriered in from bakers around the country, and is perfectly timed for Aussies to know where to buy the best pie and sausage roll there is this summer and festive season.

The 2021 Great Aussie Pie Competition will take place at Southern Cross Supplies in Lidcombe.

A live stream of the event on Facebook will ensure that pie fans around the country can witness all of the tasty action.

The full list of categories is as follows:

- Plain Meat Pie (Mince, Chunky & Mince Chunky Combo),

- Apprentice Gourmet Poultry (FREE Category)

- Gourmet Pie (Red Meat, Poultry, Game, Vegetarian/Vegan, Seafood, Gluten Free, Apple, Brekkie Pie & Slow-Cooked BBQ Pie)

- Sausage Roll (Plain, Gourmet & Gluten-Free)

- Christmas Fruit Mince Pie (Special Category)

- The John Ross Innovation Award

- Tom Lindsay Pepper Steak award

- First Great Aussie Potato Top / Shepherd’s Pie

Well that's another pie day I missed. Or is that 2 days of missed curry pies

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 11:49 AM, mr walker said:

Yes weather not the best. Our son is holidaying at Merimbula, and it's a bit wet down there he says.

I'm always up for a pie, & judging them would just fit nicely 🙂 

I was in Merimbula 4 weeks ago. Pie shops are a bit light on down there. Good one at Tura Beach, just north Also good pie shop in Pambula to the south.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Apart from Heatherbraes at Sutton Forest, I haven't  had pies from any of the other winners.

Truth be told I think the pies put before the judges are not what is normally sold as the pies I had from Heatherbraes were not very good at all and they were ridiculously  overpriced.

Agree, they bake 'special ones for the shows. Plenty of other good pie makers around who did not enter.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

Interesting to see a category for Christmas fruit mince pie. I personally have yet to find one I consider edible at all😂. Would be curious to try one of the winners. 

Got some from Aldi a couple of weeks ago, they were to die for.