re meat pies

Hope you enjoyed Raymonds, Les.  We know you didn't dine on meat pies, but curious to know what you did enjoy.  We think their rice is wonderfully fluffy and flavoursome, so whatever we choose with it always seems delicious.

5 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Hope you enjoyed Raymonds, Les.  We know you didn't dine on meat pies, but curious to know what you did enjoy.  We think their rice is wonderfully fluffy and flavoursome, so whatever we choose with it always seems delicious.

It was the normal high standard and busy, probably a 100 diners in there.  I just had the big bowl of combination short soup, minus the wontons, . So just a very big bowl of stock with pork, chicken, prawns, beef, and all the chinese veggies chucked in. Little bit of fresh chilli on the side. Enough for me. $21. Lubbly Jubbly. I stay away from their fried rice now, too much salt or msg. If I have rice I stick with steamed.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 5:52 AM, MMDown Under said:

We can buy delicious pasties in Queensland.  In fact, Cornish pasties are my first choice, pie and peas under the lid my second.  

Where do you get those? I will try them next time I am up that way.

1 hour ago, Oz_Steve said:

Where do you get those? I will try them next time I am up that way.

There is a deli at Rosalie in Brisbane where you can buy delicious cornish pasties.  We go there when we go to movies. We also had proper Cornish pasties recently at Tewantin on the Sunshine Coast (a popular pie shop at the back of a garage).  You can buy regular pasties everywhere.

20 hours ago, NSWP said:

It was the normal high standard and busy, probably a 100 diners in there.  I just had the big bowl of combination short soup, minus the wontons, . So just a very big bowl of stock with pork, chicken, prawns, beef, and all the chinese veggies chucked in. Little bit of fresh chilli on the side. Enough for me. $21. Lubbly Jubbly. I stay away from their fried rice now, too much salt or msg. If I have rice I stick with steamed.

Sounds delicious.  Once the weather cools, I crave soup. 

44 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I have just made a pot of pumpkin soup using a butternut from our garden. I added a little celery, carrot, potato and onion, garlic and some nutmeg along with the normal seasonings. Just waiting for it to cool a little to blend. It is going to be quite thick.

8 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I have just made a pot of pumpkin soup using a butternut from our garden. I added a little celery, carrot, potato and onion, garlic and some nutmeg along with the normal seasonings. Just waiting for it to cool a little to blend. It is going to be quite thick.

Sounds delicious.  I'm about to make butternut pumpkin soup.  Not from my garden, but pumpkin only cost $1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

It is hot here, 33 degrees is too hot for soup

Obviously not in Canberra.

3 weeks and I will be enjoying 33 degrees in Darwin - oh to be warm again for a little while.

Can't wait to get up to the Southern Highlands for a good pie when it warms up a little.

51 minutes ago, kate59 said:

Obviously not in Canberra.

3 weeks and I will be enjoying 33 degrees in Darwin - oh to be warm again for a little while.

Can't wait to get up to the Southern Highlands for a good pie when it warms up a little.

You are coeliac are you not, gf pies at bakeries very hard to find.

5 hours ago, possum52 said:

Crikey Leigh you do a lot of cooking for your family. Take a break.

Chunky_Soup_Pea__Ham_Front-767x767.thumb.jpg.d7a87aa5e2d70330cb3a8ff15f5bef29.jpg

6 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Chow joints in Qld would serve combo short or long soup.

Edited by NSWP

33 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You are coeliac are you not, gf pies at bakeries very hard to find.

Actually wheat intolerance but easier to say gluten free. Heatherbrae pies do gluten free although not much choice. Hubby loves his pies. 

12 minutes ago, kate59 said:

Actually wheat intolerance but easier to say gluten free. Heatherbrae pies do gluten free although not much choice. Hubby loves his pies. 

Went to Heatherbrae at Sutton Forest a couple of years ago, expensive and pies 🥧 not great, i had a gf one, $10 from memory, all they had was veg with lentils, gross, in the bin.

47 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yuk, tried that once on Princess. Give me the onion soup.

I don't think I've tried it on Princess but I have a great recipe for it. Even better if you jazz it up with some crab meat. But I think it has bread in it so not usually gluten free.

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I don't think I've tried it on Princess but I have a great recipe for it. Even better if you jazz it up with some crab meat. But I think it has bread in it so not usually gluten free.

I get them to leave the croutons off. Had it many times on Princess in Mdr and crown grill.

I sometimes make my own onion soup, but cheat..packet of continental french onion simmer soup, slice a large onion 🧅 into it and some gf croutons you can buy at Coles. Lubbly jubbly.

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Agreed. My pumpkin soup recipe uses Pumpkin, garlic, chicken stock, curry powder, nutmeg, milk and cream. Yum!!

No garlic, detest the smell and taste, not a skerrick of garlic in my house.