re meat pies

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

It's been pie week for me, Herbert Adams, steak and potato, Chicken and leek in Camembert sauce, and chunky Sous Vide slow cooked beef.

All very nice.

You are all 'pied out' Mic.  Good variety there.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We had very nice bacon and egg pies yesterday. Homemade ones with a bit of onion, and red and green capsicum added to the mix to boost the flavour. Very tasty.

Sounds lubbly jubbly, you must be a good cook.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

It's been pie week for me, Herbert Adams, steak and potato, Chicken and leek in Camembert sauce, and chunky Sous Vide slow cooked beef.

All very nice.

Had one of the slow cooked beef ones ( from Aldi ) the other day..actually had big chunks of “ real” in them 👍👍👍👍 best supermarket pie 

• Like 2

Tomorrow night is Rugby League State of Origin game #2 in Perth. GO THE BLUES!!

Here at home in Sydney we will have a small family get together to watch the game with ‘footy food’ - cocktail franks, pizza slices, and party pies & sausage rolls (4&20) & maybe a beer or two. It’s a family tradition - you can’t have footy without a pie 😁

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Here at home in Sydney we will have a small family get together to watch the game with ‘footy food’ - cocktail franks, pizza slices, and party pies & sausage rolls (4&20) & maybe a beer or two. It’s a family tradition - you can’t have footy without a pie 😁

And you don't  need to take out a bank loan to buy them like at the ground 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mr walker said:

They’d better win, or the third will be a dead rubber.  Love your family tradition🥰

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We had very nice bacon and egg pies yesterday. Homemade ones with a bit of onion, and red and green capsicum added to the mix to boost the flavour. Very tasty.

Sounds delicious, well done👏    Not pies, but the most exquisite egg and bacon rolls can be enjoyed in the Albion Cafe, Braidwood (which could be a tad out of the way for many on here). Worth remembering if travelling the Kings Highway and you can survive the current potholes.  They source thin crispy bacon from Sydney, add a smear of their own tomato relish and top with locally laid eggs, all served on a potato bun.  Buonissimo😋

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 12:16 PM, mr walker said:

We’re with you, mr walker:  Go Blues.  Nearly kick off.  Fingers crossed.  Many years  ago, my brother married a lovely Q girl and moved to Cairns. That would be wonderful if he hadn’t  moved to the RL dark side.  S of O match phone calls are always electric 🤣

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 12:16 PM, mr walker said:

Love to hear of family footie final traditions.  My friend had her five grandchildren sleep over. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Is Yatala Pies still going, off the M1, Goldy to Brisvegas? Used to be great when we stopped there many years ago when we were up there seeing family.

599219743_th(1).jpg.5b163f01280233be7a0a67bc06ef0fe9.jpg

I spotted the sign for them on the side of the M1 as we crawled past in the rush hour traffic jam.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I spotted the sign for them on the side of the M1 as we crawled past in the rush hour traffic jam.

Did you drive to Brisvegas day of cruise or day before, Julie?

4 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Apparently Australia's best pie is a mushroom pie😂🍄:

Australia's Best Pie

Perhaps they were magic mushrooms😉

I like mushrooms in pie they make a nice accompaniment to the all important meat. I'm sure there are some tasty pies without meat. I like cherry or banana cream myself although other meatless pies like apple and peach are quite satisfying. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Apparently Australia's best pie is a mushroom pie😂🍄:

Australia's Best Pie

That was an impressive list of pies competing for Australia's Best Pie.  Lucky Australia is a nation of pie lovers.  Couldn't see how the mushroom pie was the best pie. 

Mushroom and meat pies are my third favourite pies.

Steak and mushy pies are my favourite, with steak and kidney second.  

But Cornish Pastries are my favourite.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 10:23 AM, NSWP said:

Did you drive to Brisvegas day of cruise or day before, Julie?

We drove up on the Friday, had one day in Brisbane catching up with a friend, then embarked on the Sunday. It was a very solid 12 hour drive. If we ever do that again we'll fo it over two days, especially at this time of the year when the rising and setting sun affected visibility.

• Like 1