re meat pies

2 hours ago, Docker123 said:

My next door neighbour is getting ready to retire.

I told him to buy a calendar to keep track of what day it is.

Not retired, but I had that problem during Covid lockdowns with all the regular things that punctuate the week being cancelled.

12 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I play for Woden Valley (masters).

Oh, good for you, and well done👏  M played well into his 40s but then golf beckoned a few years after that.  He trained our son’s team all through to Y12, then served on his old club committee for many years to give back, as he said at the time.  Two of our granddaughters played for a few years as well.  If we don’t make it to Canberra Cruisers this time, enjoy your gathering.  Our family birthday lunches are traditionally long🎉

40 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Cruisers drinks have been cancelled  now as a few people thought it too much risk with so much Covid about.

Thanks, Mike.  Maybe wise.  Every family we know seems to gave at least one case atm.  Maybe next time.  Good luck tomorrow.

• Like 1

So after an early start and a big chunk of the day at the hospital, Mrs G decided Harry’s would be a nice late lunch, wow it wasn’t that late but the bloke before us bought the last pie, we got the last spinach and feta roll and the last Pastie, The6 then pulled the shutters.

2 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

So after an early start and a big chunk of the day at the hospital, Mrs G decided Harry’s would be a nice late lunch, wow it wasn’t that late but the bloke before us bought the last pie, we got the last spinach and feta roll and the last Pastie, The6 then pulled the shutters.

Bugger, Haven't been to Harry's for some time now. Last night I had a great dinner at Sesame's, Belmont. No pies but the Pork Belly was excellent (although I asked for the brocolli to be substituted with green beans).

Went there with my late wife's BF who is now my travelling companion. It was the fourth anniversary of my wife's passing. Our families holidayed together many times over the last 50 years.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Bugger, Haven't been to Harry's for some time now. Last night I had a great dinner at Sesame's, Belmont. No pies but the Pork Belly was excellent (although I asked for the brocolli to be substituted with green beans).

Went there with my late wife's BF who is now my travelling companion. It was the fourth anniversary of my wife's passing. Our families holidayed together many times over the last 50 years.

Haven’t been to Sesame’s for ages but never dissapointed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I can personally recommend Beechworth Bakery pies. I cannot do the same for the Bakery in Jerilderie.

Beechworth bakery has spread in Victoria, in  Yackandanda too.

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

So…. Yesterday was Lamington day, today is approximation of pie day (22/7) they really would be better on the same day.

Don't know why I didn't pick that. I just flipped a coin and walked past Barrington's to get an egg sandwich in Coles instead. If only I had realised.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yum! My favourite type of lamington. More commonly seen in NZ than here though.

My Mum used to make pink lamingtons or jelly cakes as we called them. She quite often made them as patty/cup cakes and cut a small round off the top and put cream in it and then the round was put back on top of the cream.

Jelly-cakes-cwa--550x413.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, possum52 said:

My Mum used to make pink lamingtons or jelly cakes as we called them. She quite often made them as patty/cup cakes and cut a small round off the top and put cream in it and then the round was put back on top of the cream.

Jelly-cakes-cwa--550x413.jpg

Cake shops in NZ used to do that as well. Yummy!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Cake shops in NZ used to do that as well. Yummy!

Very yummy Julie! Mum would sometimes make chocolate ones too.

Edited by possum52

Last weekend had pies and lamingtons😆. Tried something called a pana cotta lamington, it had a really nice creamy custardy sponge. For the pies we had chicken, cheese and onion plus two wagyus one was cottage pie style. It has been a long time since I had a cottage pie, tasted great, yummy potato😋

• Like 2

15 hours ago, possum52 said:

Very yummy Julie! Mum would sometimes make chocolate ones too.

I never liked the chocolate ones much because they were dipped in chocolate icing, not melted chocolate, and I didn't like icing much. But I loved raspberry jelly so the pink ones were perfect for me.

• Like 2