re meat pies

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

@MicCanberra hey guess what - Princess bar & Grill

20220819_140857.thumb.jpg.948dfab25ad8aabd5b9b1bd8e04d410d.jpg

Yeah 33 days on Diamond Princess a few years back, think I got through about 66 Mrs Mac pies they had a different one each day, in fact that was how we celebrated Mrs Gut’s birthday

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

I suspect they may have zapped them to thaw and then into the warmer.

He took one out of the pie warmer and took it out the back to zapp it. I suspect the warmer was either cold, or the pies had just gone in.

• Like 3

On 8/19/2022 at 5:06 PM, arxcards said:

He took one out of the pie warmer and took it out the back to zapp it. I suspect the warmer was either cold, or the pies had just gone in.

The warmer was cold wth just some lights for a glow , i guess they put them out of freezer in there and they sit there till microwaved . That's the worst food handling process , even a petrol station has them first in oven then in warmer and time stamped . I too the challenge and tryed one .... one   ?!!!!!!  Mrs Mac would be turningin her grave , how could Princess fu#€ it up they are road side gas station proof.🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Sounds very bad, but when I cruise, I don't really think meat pies, I think 3 or more course meal.

I tend to agree with you Mic. If an outlet, be it a gas station or a cruise ship, it behooves them to prepare the dish properly especially when it is somewhat the national dish of those consuming it. It is also off putting for non Australians to be served an "Original Australian meat pie" and have it be a mushy microwave mess. When we finally make it on our down under adventure I think I will leave the meat pies to recommended establishments on land.

23 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Sounds very bad, but when I cruise, I don't really think meat pies, I think 3 or more course meal.

Handy for port days, when pizza, pies, snag rolls, hot dogs, burgers prevent the need for entering the buffet. All the same, it was half a pie while waiting for Brissie sailaway, and switched to a fresh made burger and a slice of fresh baked pizza for lunch in Newcastle. 

If they were going to make an effort, they shouldn't half R's it. Also possible they get less complaints from nuking them than they do for being dry and hard after a few hours in a warmer.

55 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Me too! Although I can be tempted by a good pizza for lunch. We didn't get around to trying the Sabatinis pizza lunches on our last cruise but definitely have it on the list to do on the next one 

6 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Me too! Although I can be tempted by a good pizza for lunch. We didn't get around to trying the Sabatinis pizza lunches on our last cruise but definitely have it on the list to do on the next one 

One if our waiters moved from the MDR to Sabatinis and when we went there for a pizza lunch he recommended double topping - I can vouch that double the goodies on top makes for a very delicious pizza 🍕 

14 minutes ago, Jean C said:

One if our waiters moved from the MDR to Sabatinis and when we went there for a pizza lunch he recommended double topping - I can vouch that double the goodies on top makes for a very delicious pizza 🍕 

Good tip, thanks!

14 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Looks and sounds delicious.  Would you be willing to share the recipe?

No worries,I'm just the food taster not the chef but here goes.Ready made shortcrust pastry,cubes of ham,precooked chopped chicken,leek,mixed herbs and a packet of powdered white sauce mix add milk and simmer it all up.The rest is just a standard pie prep for baking.The rest was mashed spuds with leek,mushy peas and carrots.We drive over with loads of UK home comforts like packet sauce mixes,chilli con carne mix,Indian curry sauces,mushy peas just to name a few,cheers,Brian.

• Thanks 1