re meat pies

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I suppose most off the chairs around the gardens wouldn't be shown as they are under trees or structures.

This is one difference we notice between Australia and Europe. In Australia the seats and picnic tables are usually under some form of shade - trees or picnic shelter. In Europe, the seats and picnic tables are in the sun near the trees.😊

Just arrived in Cairns this morning after leaving the Conflict islands two days ago. A beautiful privately owned group of 21 islands. Had a meat pie and sauce for lunch on a pristine, sandy beach. Pie was average, a change from ship food, but the location more than made up for it.

1 minute ago, lyndarra said:

Just arrived in Cairns this morning after leaving the Conflict islands two days ago. A beautiful privately owned group of 21 islands. Had a meat pie and sauce for lunch on a pristine, sandy beach. Pie was average, a change from ship food, but the location more than made up for it.

Sounds nice. Bottle of beer and a pie on the beach.

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Sounds nice. Bottle of beer and a pie on the beach.

Just finished a nice iced coffee at the Cairns aquarium and contemplating lunch. I think fish and chips trumps a pie today, unless I spot a nice bakery.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

This is one difference we notice between Australia and Europe. In Australia the seats and picnic tables are usually under some form of shade - trees or picnic shelter. In Europe, the seats and picnic tables are in the sun near the trees.😊

The Europeans love that sun, some of them don't get a lot of it.  Look at the sun lounger occupancy on MSC, Costa, Mein Schiff, P&O UK, Fred Olsen, CMV etc.  They get up at 4am to reserve their loungers.

Edited by NSWP

51 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Just finished a nice iced coffee at the Cairns aquarium and contemplating lunch. I think fish and chips trumps a pie today, unless I spot a nice bakery.

Fish and Chips for main and an apple turnover with cream for dessert, real food.:classic_laugh: What about a sausage roll for appetiser and all washed down with a big carton of iced coffee?  Lubbly Jubbly.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

The Europeans love that sun, some of them don't get a lot of it.  Look at the sun lounger occupancy on MSC, Costa, Mein Schiff, P&O UK, Fred Olsen, CMV etc.  They get up at 4am to reserve their loungers.

I have seen them there even after 8pm, still trying to get some sun.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Fish and Chips for main and an apple turnover with cream for dessert, real food.:classic_laugh: What about a sausage roll for appetiser and all washed down with a big carton of iced coffee?  Lubbly Jubbly.

As long as it is Farmers Union Iced coffee.

6 hours ago, Docker123 said:

This is an “interesting” new version:

3B6EC734-4212-4755-ADA9-1EE74641874B.jpeg.471aa8e560b4fa9075ed7c7c3cee7b3e.jpeg

A pie in a brioche bun with caramelised onion jam. From Wonderpop Cafe in Melbourne.

Now you give me the heads up.

but probably couldn’t have handled it on Tuesday anyway

3 hours ago, Docker123 said:

I thought it would suit you.

It is after all called the Tradie Slammer.

Knife and fork job for sure, try getting that one in the gob.  It looks amazing though.  Price about $20 ?

Edited by NSWP

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sparky74 said:

:classic_ohmy: I’ve been away from CC for a few months. It’s incredible that this thread is STILL going!

Albeit a bit quiet, must be the warmer weather, not conducive to pie eating.

pie 2.jpg

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Albeit a bit quiet, must be the warmer weather, not conducive to pie eating.

pie 2.jpg

Real quiet since Darby's closed. There's nowhere in Belmont to buy a fresh pie anymore. There's a pie shop at Blacksmiths and I tried one of their's years ago, it was ok but overpriced. I may have to revisit it.

In the meantime I'll be taste testing Coles brand two frozen offerings - Beef and Chicken & Vegetable.

Edited by lyndarra
for clarity