re meat pies

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Real quiet since Darby's closed. There's nowhere in Belmont to buy a fresh pie anymore. There's a pie shop at Blacksmiths and I tried one of their's years ago, it was ok but overpriced. I may have to revisit it.

In the meantime I'll be taste testing Coles brand two frozen offerings - Beef and Chicken & Vegetable.

If you are forced to frozen, the Aldi Chunky are probably my favourite, the Woolworths plain wrap are OK, not great, but OK.

I haven’t been to Belmont in about a million years, but Snows used to be OK, and do you still have a Baker’s Cottage there, they’re not too bad.

16 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

If you are forced to frozen, the Aldi Chunky are probably my favourite, the Woolworths plain wrap are OK, not great, but OK.

I haven’t been to Belmont in about a million years, but Snows used to be OK, and do you still have a Baker’s Cottage there, they’re not too bad.

I've not heard of Snows. Baker's Cottage closed a couple of months ago. If the Coles aren't so good I'll go back to Aldi. I only got the Coles ones because I went in yesterday for some lightbulbs and I thought I would see what they had (a lightbulb moment - groan) apart from 4 & 20 and Sargents which I've never been keen on but its been a long time since I last tried them - I mean yonks.

21 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I've not heard of Snows. Baker's Cottage closed a couple of months ago. If the Coles aren't so good I'll go back to Aldi. I only got the Coles ones because I went in yesterday for some lightbulbs and I thought I would see what they had (a lightbulb moment - groan) apart from 4 & 20 and Sargents which I've never been keen on but its been a long time since I last tried them - I mean yonks.

Yeah I wasn’t sure if snows still existed

28 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

If I had some eggs I'd make an egg and bacon pie if I had some bacon.

Will try the Coles Chicken and vege pie tonight withe extra veges.

Some of the chicken and vege pies aren’t bad, I don’t remember the Coles one.

51 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

nice one, I would have a pie tonight but we didn't have any so we made pizza instead.

55 minutes ago, Cruise___master said:

....I can’t believe there has been this many replies as to where you can get a pie. That’s hilarious 🤣 

You have many Greggs outlets in ye olde London Town, if you so desire a pie.  But you have to come here to get the real McCoy.

pie 2.jpg

On 1/8/2019 at 6:31 PM, lyndarra said:

I ate the pie. It was rather ordinary but not distasteful. Main thing I noticed was how small it looked.

IMG_20190108_191722810[1].jpg

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

I ate the pie. It was rather ordinary but not distasteful. Main thing I noticed was how small it looked.

IMG_20190108_191722810[1].jpg

Very colourful, almost technicolour, but two pies should go on the plate to match the two eggs.  Don't think I have ever heard of fried eggs and pie and mixed veges.  This could be on P&O Straya menu soon, Curtis Stone where art thou !!  It would appeal to some.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, Cruise___master said:

....I can’t believe there has been this many replies as to where you can get a pie. That’s hilarious 🤣 

Well, thank you, but we are strange people down under, its the sun you know, does strange things to one's brain.🤣

BTW When is Charlie getting on the throne, I will be over with a few pies for ye olde Coronation, with tomato sauce of course.

pie 2.jpg

Edited by NSWP

6 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Very colourful, almost technicolour, but two pies should go on the plate to match the two eggs.  Don't think I have ever heard of fried eggs and pie and mixed veges.  This could be on P&O Straya menu soon, Curtis Stone where art thou !!  It would appeal to some.

Not a bad combo.