re meat pies

31 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Doesn’t look bad Uncle Les. Must give it a try next time I’m down that way.

We visit there once a month, good old fashioned tucker, no jus, no fancy stuff.  The main meal, fills me up.  Irish brothers run it.  St.Patricks day they sometimes put on a steak and kidney pie, with the Guinness gravy.

Edited by NSWP

On 1/31/2019 at 12:59 PM, NSWP said:

Keep yer shirt front clean but, old son. But yes, a drop of Gravox would assist.

Mr Gut....a  nice potato pie for you below, looks to be more moist.

pie.jpg

Oh yum! I love a good potato top pie. I haven't found any good ones near our place since the deli that used to make really yummy ones shut down several years ago.

24 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Oh yum! I love a good potato top pie. I haven't found any good ones near our place since the deli that used to make really yummy ones shut down several years ago.

The fair dinkum Aussie pie shops should still make ye olde potato pie, they do down here, plenty of retired locals and tourists to purchase them.

28 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The fair dinkum Aussie pie shops should still make ye olde potato pie, they do down here, plenty of retired locals and tourists to purchase them. 

I am heading down the Princes Hwy to Merimbula in a couple of weeks for a week's R&R with a Pom relo.  I must seek out a pie shop that does a GF pie for me, the others will be ok with the normal pie.  Otherwise I will have to head into the local Woolies, get a frozen Mrs Macs GF pie and whack it into the oven or microwave in the holiday apartment.  I am always prepared, boy scout days you know.🤣

pie.jpg

Edited by NSWP

Many supermarkets including Aldi, Woolworths and Coles sell the Balfours range.  Sorry for the huge pics, but after all 'The Meat Pie' thread is a premier thread, do you not all agree? 

Bakehouse-Family-Plate-Pie-768x512-c-center.png

Balfours-Sausage-Roll_45577_web-768x512-c-center.png

Edited by NSWP

• 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

To make it worse, I live in a really safe electorate, so neither party will listen to our pleas for a pie subsidy.

Always a problem with safe seats, no one cares about the big issues like pie shortages.

14 hours ago, Docker123 said:

I went to buy a pie for lunch the other day. The pie shop had closed down.

😭😭😭😢

That is terrible news, you had better head off to Aldi for a few 'frozies.' 

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Now talking of pies, just had a trip to Lismore, they have a pie cart hat sticks some beauts, but on Saturday morning, they do an eggs Benedict pie, take my word it is spectacular.

that does sound good.

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

Not in my electorate.

Although Antony Green has said that after a re-distribution the margin has dropped from 18% to 15%. Another 40 elections and we may be in line for some pork on our fork.

There will be more redistributions between then and now.