re meat pies

Why has someone not started a franchise selling pies in the USA..

Years ago when I visited the USA there wasn't anywhere on our travels that sold them :(

Does anyone know why they don't sell them in the USA?

Lets hope you are cruising and can enjoy a meat pie while on board.

Garlo's were in LA for a while, but I think have closed down, mainly getting expat business I think.

Hi,my mrs makes the best kate and sydney pies and puddings (do you guys have puddings) in the world,imo lol.Here in the deep south of Italy they eat cows spinal cord,heart and lungs,half a sheeps head and tripe among other strange things.They dont like kidneys,I think its the superstition of it being a urinary organ.We have to order them 5 days in advance from our butcher,otherwise they will be in the bin.Cheers,Brian.

Yep we have steak and kid pudding or pie, pudding you need a plate, knife and fork, pie you just hold in your hand.

Garlo's were in LA for a while, but I think have closed down, mainly getting expat business I think.

I used to work with Sean Garlick for a while, he was a Licensing cop. Now is Managing Director of Garlo pies. Long established family business. Their main Matraville shop used to be open 24/7, good for the night owls in the cops, firies, ambos etc.

Doing well is Garlo.:hearteyes:

I used to work with Sean Garlick for a while, he was a Licensing cop. Now is Managing Director of Garlo pies. Long established family business. Their main Matraville shop used to be open 24/7, good for the night owls in the cops, firies, ambos etc.

Doing well is Garlo.:hearteyes:

He also played for the best Rugby League team in the comp.

But yep he's done well.

And Souths Football Manager. Go the Rabbitohs. You got one green and one red eye Mr Gut?

Let's just put it this way Uncle Les, my Father's Day present from my lad

1b9625d04ab36ae40c49d974d5c2bf1e.jpg

And each year for Christmas my girl pays my membership renewal.

Great book, Glory, Glory to South Sydney. Anyway mate, just checked out Ridgey Didge website, plenty of outlets up north, big rang of GF dogs eyes, in fact big range of all pies. You lucky people.:loudcry: They even have outlets in Tamworth and Gunnedah.

Great book, Glory, Glory to South Sydney. Anyway mate, just checked out Ridgey Didge website, plenty of outlets up north, big rang of GF dogs eyes, in fact big range of all pies. You lucky people.:loudcry: They even have outlets in Tamworth and Gunnedah.

And daughter and wife say the GF are pretty good, though supply tends to be a bit limited, they usually grab a few when they're available and freeze them, then when the old gutster is getting stuck in to his, Mrs G has a vegetarian and Miss Gut a GF.

And yesmade Green and Red till I'm cold and dead. Only games I watched while they were out of the comp was against the Yanks at Redfern and when they came up here to play Maitland.

Strewth, this meat pie thread is getting almost as big as a tipping thread.:D:p

I have not cruised on P&O Straya for several years, do they have meat pies on their ships to appease the masses?:loudcry:

Strewth, this meat pie thread is getting almost as big as a tipping thread.:D:p

I have not cruised on P&O Straya for several years, do they have meat pies on their ships to appease the masses?:loudcry:

I have but they were not great, seemed to be like the very cheap commercial type.

Last time I looked at a team with green and red jumpers they certainly were "Rabbits" and eating huge Humble Pies, belted 64 to 6 by a massive STORM.

Last time I looked at a team with green and red jumpers they certainly were "Rabbits" and eating huge Humble Pies, belted 64 to 6 by a massive STORM.

Yeah, come back and tell us all about it when they've got 21 premierships under their belt.

Just remind me how many they have, ohhhh that's right two.