Itemized bill?

anastasia248

I am a princess newbie (I have cruised one previous time on carnival) and am scheduled on a four night cruise on the Regal in November. I'm hoping DH enjoys the cruise and we can make it a regular vacation option.

My question is- I want to keep track of what we spend each day on alcohol, coffee etc to see if it would be worth it to buy a drink package in the future or participate in a sip and sale cruise next time. Will I get an itemized bill at the end I can go through or do I need to keep track myself?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, every item is detailed. You can also review your spending at any time in a few ways.

Kiosks by the passenger service desk where you can get print outs.

Ask for print out at passenger services

Your cruise is the second medallion cruise. You should be able to see your itemized bill any time on your own smart device, on your cabin's TV, or at stations around the ship.

On the final night a final itemized invoice will be delivered to your cabin.

I like to review my bill everyday in case there are issues with inappropriate charges. For our last two cruises, we were charged for someone else's dry cleaning and someone else's drinks at one of the bars.

While Princess responded well at the service desk by removing the charges, I do see the lines on the last day of the cruise so that's why I check every day.

You can look at your bill on your own device and you can also get a print out at a kiosk near the service desk.

Likely there will be kiosks near Passenger Services...walk up, slide your room key and receive a printout of your current account status.

Easy...unless the kiosk is out of order. LOL.

This nice feature greatly reduces the amount of time spent in-line waiting to get the same information from a live person.

A final printout will be slid under your door, or in your mailbox, in the wee hours of your final morning before you disembark.

Princess has Princess@Sea that uses the ship's Intranet on any WiFi-enabled device. No cost as you're not using the Internet. You can check upcoming activities, dining times, order breakfast room service, buy a Future Cruise Deposit, and check your folio which is your onboard account. All on your smartphone or tablet anywhere on the ship.

Your folio is detailed and lists ever charge or credit separately.

Princess has Princess@Sea that uses the ship's Intranet on any WiFi-enabled device. No cost as you're not using the Internet. You can check upcoming activities, dining times, order breakfast room service, buy a Future Cruise Deposit, and check your folio which is your onboard account. All on your smartphone or tablet anywhere on the ship.

Your folio is detailed and lists ever charge or credit separately.

It's also immediate. I ordered a drink at a BOGO and was charged for it. I checked my folio on my phone and had it corrected immediately. Very cool.

The princess app while onboard was itemized. Had each drink listed that was purchased where and when. Got the final bill and the beverage purchases were lumped together for a given venue. For example, drinks purchased in the MDR during dinner for one evening were listed individually in the app but showed up as one line on the final bill. In the past I kept the charge slips and wrote on them to tally it up later but most of the time there were no slips provided last January on the Crown.

The app of course no longer functions after you leave the ship. I wish I had copied the info from the app into a spreadsheet which would have allowed me to track expenditures by person, not just a lump sum total. Based on the final bill totals the AIBP would not have been worth it for the 4 of us so maybe it wouldn't be worth the effort. Princess could also make the on board charge info available via the website for a period of time post cruise. Hey, how about the ability to download a CSV of the data too? OK Just wishful thinking.

The princess app while onboard was itemized. Had each drink listed that was purchased where and when. Got the final bill and the beverage purchases were lumped together for a given venue. For example, drinks purchased in the MDR during dinner for one evening were listed individually in the app but showed up as one line on the final bill. In the past I kept the charge slips and wrote on them to tally it up later but most of the time there were no slips provided last January on the Crown.

The app of course no longer functions after you leave the ship. I wish I had copied the info from the app into a spreadsheet which would have allowed me to track expenditures by person, not just a lump sum total. Based on the final bill totals the AIBP would not have been worth it for the 4 of us so maybe it wouldn't be worth the effort. Princess could also make the on board charge info available via the website for a period of time post cruise. Hey, how about the ability to download a CSV of the data too? OK Just wishful thinking.

The hard copy itemizes by person. Use that...

The app of course no longer functions after you leave the ship. I wish I had copied the info from the app into a spreadsheet which would have allowed me to track expenditures by person, not just a lump sum total.[/Quote]I just take screenshots on my iPhone. :)

If you really want to track beverage purchases to compare to drink package rates, make sure each individual purchases their own drinks. On Princess you both do not have to purchase the drink package. We do not purchase the package and normally, my husband uses his card to purchase drinks. Sometimes it is for both of us, sometimes for just him, sometimes it is for our kids when they are with us. (that sounds bad...our adult children and spouses). If you purchase more than one drink on a single card it will show up as one charge.