Sale? Define sale!

syam

Sadly though there is a difference between "adjusting" prices for demand and cresting false pricing where an inside is more than OV to create an illusion.

It is bad practice to annoy your best customers.

Do Rolls Bentley Audi or even Ford or Apple put prices up for a sale.

I think not and they have the most loyal customers.

Sent from my ME371MG using Forums mobile app

Well this is very revealing as to the different marketing strategies/rules in various countries.

In this nation, the same rule applies after purchasing an automobile as to when one is cruising. Best not to instigate nor respond to a discussion as to what one paid.

Someone is going to be disappointed/angry.

Always need to keep in mind these are "for profit" companies. "Marketing," to include "sales," are part of the game to get your money.

Two years ago I received several BOGO sales offers from Azamara for a cruise we already had purchased. Asked my T/A to check. Essentially, rebooking using the BOGO would have cost us about $1000 each! Obfuscation at its best.

The best "sale" prices with Azamara, and selected other cruise lines, is to book as soon as the cruise is offered. On our next AZ cruise the Club Continent cabin we booked two years ago is less than a new booking for an interior cabin.

We, also, would much prefer it and be much more "loyal" if Azamara would stop playing games (meaningless BOGO and "sales") with pricing. Will never happen. Fully understand pricing as a direct correlation to demand. However, artificial "sales" for low demand cruises is simply scamming guests for benefit now vice long-term loyalty.

Azamara has become too expensive for us. We have switched over to Oceania and have enjoyed 3 cruises. We live in LA and have found that doing inside cabins and included air makes Oceania quite a bit cheaper than Azamara. We miss the incredible personal service on A but Oceania product is excellent.:)

Hi

I have said something similar in the past to what I am going to say now regarding a sale.

I own an advertising agency in South Florida that publishes direct mail coupon magazines. What I do is probably similar to what a lot of companies due. I always have new clients and I always have some that drop out for whatever reason price, they gave me a bad offer etc. When I lose someone I don;t freak out or get too upset. I know I can replace the client. I get upset that I have to go and resell the space which takes my time knowing however I will be able to sell the space. In my prices I build in a discount amount so that if I have to give a discount I do so. Everyone likes to feel they got one over on me or that they are getting a discount. So even with the discount I am still making a profit. I will not go below that build in amount. Right before deadline if I have a so called sale I call the clients that will make the magazine look better, the customer will use and that I think will renew after they run once. This is only done if I have a few spaces left and I need to go press and have a couple spaces left.

Now in the advertising business what Azamara is doing is I am pretty sure illegal ( I would have to do some research) HOWEVER nothing can or will be done unless someone files a class action suit. Remember what I said above if they lose a cruiser they will replace that cruiser with someone that is new that doesn't know what they are doing. It is a form of bait and switch and they will continue to do this as long as they can or until someone does as I just said file a class action suit. If they got reported to the Attorney General in the State of Florida by enough people an investigation would follow. They could find for Azamara or give them a fine. But in your wildest imagination do you think a company as big as RCCL gives a care? Also as someone else has said most of the cruise lines do the alleged sale business. There is no agency that policies the cruise line industry. Bottom line is you either pay their asking fees or don;t cruise. It is as simple as that.

I have found that thus far I am happy with Azamara pricing but I bought my cruise a while ago and now is over $9000 more that what I paid for it. So I have no complaints. I never buy for a line I always buy for the itinerary. I have never sailed on Azamara but I am not worried if officers speak to me etc. I can make my own fun and do what I want. That is why I have always traveled solo whether land tours or cruises.

The only thing I am not happy thus far with Azamara is their crappy web site. I thought it was looking better but I have been asking a question snce February with still no answer. My team could have there mess straight in a week or two. That is why I do not believe their IT Dept is in the States but some country like where there 800 number is. I also believe thats why when you email their customer service dept you either don;t get an answer or receive correct information. I think they are in a different country.

So we can all cry wolf until the cows come home but the wolf does not really care. He knows no one will be there to care whether we are crying or jumping up & down in happiness. It all boils down to one thing..................PROFIT AND BOTTOM LINE.

My personal thought is we need to worry a little more about North Korea than the price of a cruise.

Happy Labor Day to all those here in the states

Kathy

Edited by rabin1

It doesn't matter to me whether a cruise line or grocery store has a sale. I know when the grocery store says a 2L bottle of Coke is $1.99 but you can have it for half price they're marking it up to mark it down. The same with cruise lines.

What I look at is am I paying 99 cents for the Coke? I compare cruise lines the same way. On an R Class ship the same cabin is the same cabin whether it's Azamara or Oceania. Looking at a VX, AZ considers it just a veranda while Oceania considers it a Concierge with more perks. Plus with O's promotion they include RT airfare. O is at a few hundred dollars less per night.

I really want to sail AZ again but someone else will have to fill those cabins at their prices even at the two catory upgrade game. I know they will.