Booking Midnight Sun - Deluxe Veranda vs. Penthouse Veranda?

Luv2Cruise1016

We do not think so ($$$)BUT you have to evaluate what is important to you.....larger cabin with more storage quite important. Re-stocked mini bar daily...important especially if you do not opt for Silver Spirit Beverage Package. How long is your cruise???? How much time do you spend in the cabin? If you like to have room service and laze about during your down time more room would be VERY nice.

Sometimes the ability to book excursions earlier can be important. Early reservations at the Specialty restaurant not crucial you can make reservations once on board. Early access to stateroom on embarkation ....only you can decide.

The service is wonderful NO MATTER where your cabin is!!!

We do not think so ($$$)BUT you have to evaluate what is important to you.....larger cabin with more storage quite important. Re-stocked mini bar daily...important especially if you do not opt for Silver Spirit Beverage Package. How long is your cruise???? How much time do you spend in the cabin? If you like to have room service and laze about during your down time more room would be VERY nice.

Sometimes the ability to book excursions earlier can be important. Early reservations at the Specialty restaurant not crucial you can make reservations once on board. Early access to stateroom on embarkation ....only you can decide.

The service is wonderful NO MATTER where your cabin is!!!

I'm with deec. You have to evaluate what is important to you. Personally, I'm fine with a DV cabin; I'd rather spend the difference in cabin price on optional tours (and laundry). We aren't big drinkers. We pack light. We don't spend a lot of time in our cabin. I have yet to be closed out of a tour I really wanted. So, for now now, we will stick with DV. But one day, I'm going to splurge on one of those fancy suites; I'm just afraid that I won't want to go back to DV.;)

so true...can't miss what you don't know!!! viking has already spoiled us to any other ocean cruise line!!!

I think the bargains are the v2 or v1 cabins which are hard to get UNLESS you book very early! a year out on the WC we had to get DV6 which in my opinion is NO REAL upgrade from a V ( will bring binoculars, do not need cashmere throw, restocked mini bar with pop, or coffee machine)....I would have really preferred to have the $$$$ to spend on excursions...........which easily added $4000 to the cost of the trip!

so true...can't miss what you don't know!!! viking has already spoiled us to any other ocean cruise line!!!

I think the bargains are the v2 or v1 cabins which are hard to get UNLESS you book very early! a year out on the WC we had to get DV6 which in my opinion is NO REAL upgrade from a V ( will bring binoculars, do not need cashmere throw, restocked mini bar with pop, or coffee machine)....I would have really preferred to have the $$$$ to spend on excursions...........which easily added $4000 to the cost of the trip!

So true about the V1 and V2 cabins! We booked early enough to secure one of those cabins on both of our cruises (one in April of this year and one in October of 2018), and they were more than satisfactory. We spend very little time in our cabin, and my only two concerns proved to be non-issues.

I was worried about being the last ones to book excursions, as we wanted some optional tours and some included ones. While we had to make one adjustment to our intended plans, the one substitution (included in Dubrovnik rather than optional) worked just as well since we had time to walk the walls and have lunch on our own after the morning tour before taking the shuttle back to the ship.

My other concern was the inability to book any specialty restaurants in advance. However, once onboard we got reservations for Chef's Table twice and Manfredi's once. We were even able to coordinate these bookings with a couple we met on the ship.

I am envious of your upcoming World Cruise (in a polite "lucky for you" , not a mean spirited sort of way). Though we book the V1 cabins to save money to put towards future cruises, no amount of juggling of funds puts that lovely idea anywhere other than fantasy for me. I am happy to hear the details from people who are willing to share them on here. Hope your trip will be everything I imagine it will be.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for "hijacking" this post, but I see that some mention the storage in DV vs Penthouse. That was my concern about the DV rooms, there does not look like any drawer space in those rooms, but agent said there were drawers inside the closet. Could someone confirm.

Thanks for any response:)

Sorry for "hijacking" this post, but I see that some mention the storage in DV vs Penthouse. That was my concern about the DV rooms, there does not look like any drawer space in those rooms, but agent said there were drawers inside the closet. Could someone confirm.

I was in a V but the cabins are identical, just a few perks w/DV. There are drawers on each side of the sink and cubbies under in bathroom. As you enter the room, just past bathroom door there is a drawer unit with as I remember 3 drawers( the width of the depth of the closet. In the space above that and the safe is where the coffee maker will be. The nightstands have small drawers and cubbies and if you need dresser size drawers, suitcases fit under the bed. Also there is a shelf abve the hanging bar in the whole length of closet. For true dresser size drawers you would need to move up a cabin size. With this info, a return to the 360 tour will make more sense.

The bottom three are drawers and above them hides the safe. As Dauntless said, the drawers are as wide as the closet is deep.

enhance

The closet has five feet of hanging space with a shelf above for storage (measured using my arm span, so its an approximation)

enhance

There is a large drawer on each side of the sink plus shelf (one side is where the towels are stores; the other side is mostly empty).

enhance

more pictures of the ship and of our adventure Into the Midnight Sun (the 2016 edition)

NO drawers in the closet just the shelf and those of us who are vertically challenged it is too high to see easily...but I could toss of few things up there...will probably have DH use that area and I will get 2 of 3 drawers :)

NO drawers in the closet just the shelf and those of us who are vertically challenged it is too high to see easily...but I could toss of few things up there...will probably have DH use that area and I will get 2 of 3 drawers :)

Deec , on the WC consider a couple of cheap lightweight organizing bins for that shelf

We are booked in the lowest category. Will the mini bar be filled with anything?

It is stocked with drinks and some snacks as a welcome aboard. Any refills can be made with an order form that housekeeping has. After you use what's there, you reorder if desired but all you order is on your bill at check out.

Deec, you could have over the door shoe organizer and use the very bottom shelf for something else. Have eBags or similar packs or collapsible organizers to keep clothes of the closet "floor". You would probably need a few magnet hooks.