Help I can't find my birth certificate and I have no passport

Shak123

That's great! Can you share with us how you got it?

Aloha,

John

Jonh,. What do you mean Aloha?

You came here asking for help, Seems you were able to get your BC but won't share with us how you got it in order for another CC' er to hopefully be helped.

Good luck and have a great cruise.

I have a hard time believing the OPs story, especially since there is no response to how a copy was obtained on a holiday weekend.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

Oh I believe it... And once the OP found a copy (somewhere) they are probably scurrying around trying to get everything ELSE done before they sail. We probably wont hear again from them until after the cruise.....

Welcome to cruise critic.

Guess your not going anywhere,

Need birth certificate in the least with embossed notary stamp.

OP needs a copy of a state issued birth certificate. It DOES NOT require an embossed notary seal, and in fact it does nto even have to be certified, though most cruises lines want it to be certified.

Most government agencies do not use embossed seals, they use special paper, and or stamps.

How ever if you're traveling to the Caribbean some of the islands and/or counties due require a passport. Call your cruise line.

This is not correct. The only island that may require one is St. barths and if OP is on a cruise to St. Barths the line is not letting them on the ship without a passport anyway.

You contact the state's county you were born in. You should get the phone number for the county office. You should be able to find this on Google. Then call them and ask for the clerk.

If you live in the area go there- with some cash for a copy of your birth certificate.There is a cost but I don't know how much or if they take credit cards.They will send you a certified copy that you can use to get on a ship.

I did this when my birth certificate burned up in a fire where it was being stored. If you get a passport you must send this in, then it is returned with your passport.

We both have our 2nd passports. They are good for 10 years so divide the cost by 10 and you'll see they're not that expensive on a yearly basis! (We cruise a LOT!)

While your description is accurate for some states it is not universally true. In many places they are stored only in the state capital, not in the county where a person was born. It all depends on the specific state.

Jonh,. What do you mean Aloha?

You came here asking for help, Seems you were able to get your BC but won't share with us how you got it in order for another CC' er to hopefully be helped.

Good luck and have a great cruise.

The person you are berating is not the OP.

Only on cruise critics are responses so dramatic. You can get a certified copy of your birth certificate on the same day or online. Just do an online search. Type something similar to "where to get a birth certificate in" (enter city) and you will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is not correct. The only island that may require one is St. barths and if OP is on a cruise to St. Barths the line is not letting them on the ship without a passport anyway.

Actually, it's by cruise line. Carnival let's you skate away without a Passport. Royal Caribbean requires ALL passengers to have a passport. Information can be found via their websites.

Actually, it's by cruise line. Carnival let's you skate away without a Passport. Royal Caribbean requires ALL passengers to have a passport. Information can be found via their websites.

You are responding to a post concerning needing a passport on itineraries including calls at St. Barth's. Carnival and Royal Caribbean ships do not go there.

You are responding to a post concerning needing a passport on itineraries including calls at St. Barth's. Carnival and Royal Caribbean ships do not go there.

We have passports and sailed to St. Bath's with HAL at least twice. While, we did use the passports for check in for each cruise, I do no recall using them g oing on our our visits ashore in St. Bart's.