Upgrade Fairy!!

GetToLivin

I can't believe it -- I booked a Jr. Suite GTY and just logged in to see we received the Grand Balcony Suite on deck 10! I don't even know what this is but it's bigger and I'm excited :') We are celebrating our one year wedding anniversary on this cruise so this just makes it that much more special!

I can't believe it -- I booked a Jr. Suite GTY and just logged in to see we received the Grand Balcony Suite on deck 10! I don't even know what this is but it's bigger and I'm excited :') We are celebrating our one year wedding anniversary on this cruise so this just makes it that much more special!

Congrats that's awesome !

How far out do you get a msg from the upgrade fairy? Never cruised RCCL before. Once on HAL I got a call while sitting on a layover at airport.

Technically what the OP experienced was not an upgrade. The OP had a guarantee booking and received one step up from the minimum. Still an excellent outcome, but not due to what is commonly referred to here on CC as the Upgrade Fairy.

Technically what the OP experienced was not an upgrade. The OP had a guarantee booking and received one step up from the minimum. Still an excellent outcome, but not due to what is commonly referred to here on CC as the Upgrade Fairy.

Oh oops, I thought anything above what you booked was an "upgrade fairy" situation, sorry ;)

OfMyHeart: We sail in 30 days, and today the reservation reflected the new room.

Oh oops, I thought anything above what you booked was an "upgrade fairy" situation, sorry ;)

OfMyHeart: We sail in 30 days, and today the reservation reflected the new room.

I would have called it the upgrade fairy too! And I have seen this samesituation called the an upgrade many times :D

Enjoy your wonderful, bigger, room with lounge access

I would have called it the upgrade fairy too! And I have seen this samesituation called the an upgrade many times :D

Enjoy your wonderful, bigger, room with lounge access

Thank you! So we will still get the perks of a GS? I wasn't sure as I had read that in these situations you don't necessarily have concierge service, etc, since you didn't pay for the "full cost" of the room. Does anyone know? Honestly, I'd just like to have access to the roped-off section of the pool-deck ;p

Edited by GetToLivin
Typo

Thank you! So we will still get the perks of a GS? I wasn't sure as I had read that in these situations you don't necessarily have concierge service, etc, since you didn't pay for the "full cost" of the room. Does anyone know? Honestly, I'd just like to have access to the roped-off section of the pool-deck ;p

You will get the full perks of the GS.

In my experience, you'll get the perks

We once booked a gty balcony and were assigned an Owner's Suite. We got al of hte lovely onboard perks. The only thing we did not get was double points; since we had not paid for the upgrade. You paid for a category which normally gets double points, so you'll get those too

this happened to us once, and I can confirm that you have that gold card and the service etc., which goes with it.

Congratulations on the upgrade, regardless of whether it was brought to you by revenues or anyone else...its still fantastic :)

In my experience, you'll get the perks

We once booked a gty balcony and were assigned an Owner's Suite. We got al of hte lovely onboard perks. The only thing we did not get was double points; since we had not paid for the upgrade. You paid for a category which normally gets double points, so you'll get those too

wow, that is amazing !! well done :)