what do you do when there is 36 days until you sail?

Lou_70

Well, I am at like 52 days and I pass the time by staring off into space while at work, daydreaming about crystal blue waters and the warm Caribbean sun! I also am an avid planner, so I have a notebook that I started and I have collected travel books and brochures from the various ports we are visiting - so I spend quite a bit of time gazing at the pictures of the ports and, again, daydreaming!

I am hoping that the holidays help to speed up the waiting process... because as much as I love planning and daydreaming about my upcoming cruise... I wish it would just hurry up and be time to go!!

Hi Lou -

Like you, I also have only 36 days left. We're sailing on January 14th on the Serenade out of San Juan. I find myself spending too much time on these boards reading the fun posts and looking at all the cool pictures of Serenade I can find. I cruised one other time which was on Norwegian Wind and had a blast. My sister has sailed RCCL and had a lot of great things to say about it. If you're on Serenade and you haven't registered for the Meet & Mingle, we only need four more people to have a party...

Mark

Mark, Since we are basically trapped inside our homes (temps in the negative & snowing) no wonder your glued to the boards, what else is there to do but pack :D !! I was wrapping presents tonight and the Bloody Mary mix/Vodka Package got taken from the gifts to wrap stack to the cruise packing stack, me bad.

I envy all of you closer to leaving then I am :mad: Have a great time!

BonVoyage

Dawna

I am also leaving in 36 days sailing Jan 14 on the NOS. I am also filling my days with tests, tests, and did I mention writing term papers. When I get home from school each day I normally spend at least 2 hrs. looking at these boards. This is my first cruise, so I am just planning looking at all that I want to do. Any tips? I am hoping that the holidays will make time go a little faster. Soon we will be on the boat drinking a drink of the day sitting in a hot tub. Good luck making the time go by.

Dawna -

You're missing my daughter's honeymoon cruise on the Monarch by about a week. She's marrying a guy from Colorado Springs. It's such a small world isn't it? Yes, it's snowing here too and I think the temperature is now below zero. It's supposed to get down to about 6 or 7 below here. It will be amazing to go from the fir hat I bought 2 years ago in Moscow to Bermuda shorts....in 36 days!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Mark

Dawna -

You're missing my daughter's honeymoon cruise on the Monarch by about a week. She's marrying a guy from Colorado Springs. It's such a small world isn't it? Yes, it's snowing here too and I think the temperature is now below zero. It's supposed to get down to about 6 or 7 below here. It will be amazing to go from the fir hat I bought 2 years ago in Moscow to Bermuda shorts....in 36 days!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Mark

I sing that crazy "one cent, five cent, ten cent, dollar" song in the shower. It reminds me of the great calypso or steel drum bands they have and puts me in a great mood for the day. Sometimes I call my mom (who I always cruise with) and ask her what she is doing on the date we cruise, as if we don't already know. We always burst out in giddy laughter thinking about it and then sing one cent, five cent, ten cent, dolla, dolla dolla dolla dolla...you know the words, everybody now!

Archived