I'm confused about the fun shops...

Samanthamelody3

Sorry for posting all these questions, but have had great response so far from these boards!

I'm going on Vista, and would prefer to order a bottle of alcohol to my room rather than going up to the bar.

We will be out of MIA, so will this be in my stateroom when we embark?

Also, if I purchase from the fun shop/purchase excursions, and then have to cancel my cruise for some reason, are these options refundable?

Thank you!

Dont forget to bring your 1 bottle of wine per adult. While the mark-up is a bit more than at your local retailer at home, it is far more favorable than the per shot prices at the bar. Last year i ordered a bottle of vodka and paired it with my 12pk of energy drinks and i saved probably 200. So, if you dont mind taking a walk to your cabin to make a drink it should work out well. The extra bonus was when some friends stopped by, i would make them a drink and they would always get me one later soooo that was an unexpected benefit!:cool: Happy Cruising!!

The mark up is high, but no different than bottle service at a night club.

I'd rather pay the cabin mark up than the per-shot price at the bar, and enjoy the convenience of having it in cabin.

I have not brought wine on board before, but perhaps I will this time. It may be nice to enjoy on a quiet night (as if there is one haha). I am coming from Canada so will not purchase wine here. How much is a bottle of wine going to run me in Florida? Like the second cheapest wine?

It should be, but have you seen the markup on the bottles of liquor from the Fun Shops?

its really not that bad when you consider bar drinks. Also, its all over the board liquor wise. Some are expensive, some reasonable. We always get a bottle of Beefeater waiting for us on arrival, and its always very reasonably priced.

$100 for a $20 bottle of Vodka That's a little over the Top

bottle of Titos is $85, plus most are liters. Still WAY cheaper than the bar. Also--if there is something from off the list you want, call them and they can usually make it happen and quote you a price.

Yeah, I definitely expect them to be expensive, but again for the convenience and price per bar shot, I'm thinking it's the way to go.

I will definitely bring a cup for drinks should we have them out of the room.

What we normally do is order two drinks of the day in souvenir cups when we first board and then use them throughout the cruise.

Yes, everything you purchase from the fun shops is refundable if you cancel. Most times your alcohol is in your room on arrival, although It may be later in the evening before it arrives. To us the advantage of buying from the fun shop is if you don't drink it all, you can take it home with you.

To the poster from Canada asking about wine prices, I usually bring Barefoot pink moscato, and it runs from $8 to $10 for a 750 ml bottle. Not a connoisseur by any means, but it works for me!

The mark up is high, but no different than bottle service at a night club.

I'd rather pay the cabin mark up than the per-shot price at the bar, and enjoy the convenience of having it in cabin.

I have not brought wine on board before, but perhaps I will this time. It may be nice to enjoy on a quiet night (as if there is one haha). I am coming from Canada so will not purchase wine here. How much is a bottle of wine going to run me in Florida? Like the second cheapest wine?

You can get a good bottle in the 15 - 25 range. Defintely bring your wine allowance. Also, bring your insulated cups. We have RTIC cups.

Go to walmart get a $4 bottle of cheapo wine LOL

Yeah, I definitely expect them to be expensive, but again for the convenience and price per bar shot, I'm thinking it's the way to go.

I will definitely bring a cup for drinks should we have them out of the room.

Also, in comparison to other lines its still cheap. You should SEE NCL prices....one of the ways they push people to get a drinks package....

What we normally do is order two drinks of the day in souvenir cups when we first board and then use them throughout the cruise.

I kind of do the same if the ship has the Red Frog or the Blue Iguana I will go get one of their Tervais tumblers and use it for my drinks.

I know this seems like overkill, but we get Cheers AND a bottle each for our cabin. Because we live in Florida, it's easy for us to bring the leftovers home and it's worth it to us to have the convenience of being able to make a drink in our cabin while getting ready, etc. As for Cheers, we have never hit the max, but it pays for itself after 6-7 drinks each. We drink only top shelf liquor because of it and the fact it includes bottled water and specialty coffee make it totally worthwhile. We're on vacation - we don't want to stress about anything! Our next cruise is a 4 day and we're bringing our 2 bottles of wine. We drink a half bottle at dinner each night, so it works out fine for us.

Sorry for posting all these questions, but have had great response so far from these boards!

I'm going on Vista, and would prefer to order a bottle of alcohol to my room rather than going up to the bar.

We will be out of MIA, so will this be in my stateroom when we embark?

Also, if I purchase from the fun shop/purchase excursions, and then have to cancel my cruise for some reason, are these options refundable?

Thank you!

It's refundable.