Crystal Blocks

Noreen411

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

They (the Loyalty Ambassador) always say that they will notify C&A and you will receive it in the mail. In our experience, C&A has no record that a block has been promised or requested by the LA. So unless it is an absolute disconnect, between ship and shoreside, it is a total fib by the LA. I think that by not actually notifying C&A it:

1) decreases the number of people who actually request a block.

2) puts it all back on C&A to fulfill requests and check points. 

I will say that it is nice to receive it in the mail instead of having to find room to carry it home. :classic_biggrin: And C&A has been really good about sending them. 

1 hour ago, sellwingri said:

I was on Adventure on the Jan 5th cruise and the Loyalty Ambassador was usually nowhere to be found. Wanted to get our Diamond Plus wine  (that’s always supposed to be in your cabin when you check in but never is) on day one but he didn’t start until 6pm. When I finally reached him on day 4 of an 8 day sailing, I wanted to make sure he didn’t wait until the last day to bring our block but that’s exactly what he did.  

Ive asked for it to be mailed to us in the past but they always say “no”.   Any hints on how I can get them to mail it in the future?

There is a major disconnect with the LA on Adventure. Maybe he's upset they stuck him in the library?  Our previous two blocks were delivered to our cabin on schedule.

As to mailing, who knows?  My guess is you may get a different response on every ship.  

We'll hit Diamond on our next cruise...feel like such a small fish in this big DiamondPlus & Pinnacle pond. 😨

Hopefully we'll get to that level and earn our first Crystal some day.  When we do, it'll be on Adventure of the Seas, as we sailed her first and also 3 times so far...a favorite.

Wonder if any Adventure crystals ever come up for sale...have followed eBay and not seen any in recent times.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

On 2/4/2019 at 7:58 PM, John&LaLa said:

Great, we'll chat later. SF would be cool. 😉You ever get one on Oasis?

Look at what I found in San Fran for you :classic_smile:

Will take pics of hawaii mugs when I get home.

15511443966273974323507809512069.jpg

Edited by frank808
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Look at what I found in San Fran for you :classic_smile:

Will take pics of hawaii mugs when I get home.

15511443966273974323507809512069.jpg

Perfect, so two mugs for one block sound fair to you? 

Did you want Oasis or Rhapsody?  I may have a Serenade mid May. Not 100% sure though.

How is San Francisco this time of year?

This is the old Waikiki mug

20190210_211015.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Perfect, so two mugs for one block sound fair to you? 

Did you want Oasis or Rhapsody?  I may have a Serenade mid May. Not 100% sure though.

How is San Francisco this time of year?

Sounds fine.  One for you and one for Laura.  Holding out for Serenade as we have sailed her more.  

It is cold at 45 degrees and RAINING!  There is a big storm coming that is bad enough that united air is waiving change fees.  I am hoping to get back home tomorrow though.

Just now, frank808 said:

Sounds fine.  One for you and one for Laura.  Holding out for Serenade as we have sailed her more.  

It is cold at 45 degrees and RAINING!  There is a big storm coming that is bad enough that united air is waiving change fees.  I am hoping to get back home tomorrow though.

I'm hoping you find a new Hawaii mug. 😉

Bummer about weather it's nice here.

3 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

What do you do with all those blocks? To me the ships on the blocks look all similar, not very detailed or special but heavy.. 

I find them to be extremely detailed. Just doesn't show in the pics

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, staggr said:

Anyone know what date they originally started giving the crystal blocks?

Don't know the date, but it started before 2008 which is when I first learned about them.

Back then, the first block started at 30 cruise credits (210 points now) and every 10 cruise credits thereafter.  Enchantment would hand them out at 20 cruise credits.

On 2/26/2019 at 7:59 AM, Biker19 said:

$20-$300+ on eBay.

Got one at a reasonable cost - even at Diamond this year...we're a ways away from earning our first crystal block.

I got one as a surprise anniversary gift for Adventure of the Seas...since next year is our 25th, and that's our first cruise ship we sailed.

• Like 1