Crystal Blocks

Noreen411

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I guess these blocks don't mean as much to some people as they do to me. I don't think I'd be selling on e-bay or anywhere else for that matter.

I greatly respect that position.

Fortunately, someone less attached to one did sell theirs, which we really wanted as a cruise anniversary memento. It's never getting resold.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I guess these blocks don't mean as much to some people as they do to me. I don't think I'd be selling on e-bay or anywhere else for that matter.

Totally agree.  It's like picking up favorite sea shells on the beach, or sea beans.  Sure...you can go to the tourist traps and pick up whatever you want...or order direct shipped from China.  But why would they be special then?  I love collecting my blocks because they mean something to me, it's the memories of the cruise I attained that level on the ship I was on.  

Used to work in the wine business.  Wine is meant to be enjoyed...open and drink.  What the heck ....with these "collectors" who never drink them...may as well be colored water with a cork in it.  😉 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all 

Haven't been on here for a while I am still trying to find a Legend of the seas and Radiance of the sea crystal block I have a Monarch or Splendor to exchange

This thread has become one for trading blocks, which is a great idea, no complaint, but returning to the roots of the thread, I've booked my cruise which will put me past 140 points.  That cruise will be Adventure. I haven't been paying too much attention to block threads recently till I got this close.    I've read varying reports about people getting those and many seem to just find the Loyalty Ambassador on board and ask them for the blocks.  Is that acceptable?   My wife and I have an identical cruise history, so I assume we both get one?   Adventure seems like a nice ship to get a first block for. 

11 minutes ago, BillOh said:

This thread has become one for trading blocks, which is a great idea, no complaint, but returning to the roots of the thread, I've booked my cruise which will put me past 140 points.  That cruise will be Adventure. I haven't been paying too much attention to block threads recently till I got this close.    I've read varying reports about people getting those and many seem to just find the Loyalty Ambassador on board and ask them for the blocks.  Is that acceptable?   My wife and I have an identical cruise history, so I assume we both get one?   Adventure seems like a nice ship to get a first block for. 

We recently got our 210 one on Vision.  The Ambassador had to confirm our status with corporate and then they added us to the ceremony for Top Tier to receive our block and a photo with the staff.   You do not get 2 Bill, just one.  It was fun but I don't put much emphasis on them.  I like them for book ends.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, BillOh said:

We reached 140 points 1/2 way through our transatlantic, and it was delivered to our stateroom on the day we reached the 140.  If you don't get yours, ask the loyalty ambassador or concierge.

52 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

We reached 140 points 1/2 way through our transatlantic, and it was delivered to our stateroom on the day we reached the 140.  If you don't get yours, ask the loyalty ambassador or concierge.

Thanks, I'll have to go back and calculate how far into our 9 day cruise that will be.  Maybe it will be St Martin day and we can do the presentation on Orient Beach!

4 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Thanks, I'll have to go back and calculate how far into our 9 day cruise that will be.  Maybe it will be St Martin day and we can do the presentation on Orient Beach!

I wouldn't be expecting any "presentation" -- ours showed up on our bed one evening.

2 hours ago, BillOh said:

Great Bill. I will get one on the Adventure as well. 👍

• Like 1

This past January on the Harmony of the Seas, I received my third crystal block.  My next cruise was on the Koenignsdam, I put the block in my large suitcase, had no problem, then I went on the Norwegian Getaway, the block is in my large suitcase, no problem.  Then I went on the Allure of the Seas, put the block in my large suitcase, well a problem.  Did not get my suitcase in time for dinner, first time ever, I wore shorts to dinner. After dinner when I returned to my room, lo and behold, I get a notice to go to the naughty room.   Guess what I was tagged for, the crystal block.   Holland and Norwegian let the block go through but not Royal.

I had a good laugh at this.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

We recently got our 210 one on Vision.  The Ambassador had to confirm our status with corporate and then they added us to the ceremony for Top Tier to receive our block and a photo with the staff.   You do not get 2 Bill, just one.  It was fun but I don't put much emphasis on them.  I like them for book ends.

Wow you are sure lucky.  Our previous 3 blocks were each just left on the bed in our cabin.  Have never had a presentation or pic yet.  We will be getting our 4th block on radiance in July.  Maybe with so few d and above we might get a picture with officers?  Will report back if we get presented with a block but it will just probably be on the bed one night. 

1 hour ago, frank808 said:

Wow you are sure lucky.  Our previous 3 blocks were each just left on the bed in our cabin.  Have never had a presentation or pic yet.  We will be getting our 4th block on radiance in July.  Maybe with so few d and above we might get a picture with officers?  Will report back if we get presented with a block but it will just probably be on the bed one night. 

Did you get the email I sent you?

Got our 1050 swag on Serenade.  Definitely had to check with LA, as we were not on her list.  She wasn't calculating Laura's solo points for the trip we were on. 

Serenade did a slide show for all the folks receiving milestones.  

Our certificate had Millie's name on it. 🤣

We didn't get our block on our recent Serenade TA. I checked with the LA around day 3 and she stated we were on the list. A call to C&A and I should have it in 6-8 weeks. Didn't take that long last time we missed a block???😒

So now I'll have two.....

Anyone want to trade one of the following for the Serenade?

Harmony

Legend

Independence

Navigator

Adventure

Ovation

• 2 weeks later...