Buccaner Resort

LaShelle2

We visited here and it was amazing. There's no charge to get in. Our chairs were free with use of the restaurant. Definitely worth the drive. Make sure you arrange transportation back. It's far from the port. Do not pay until they come back for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Just to clarify...

The Buccaneer now charges $10 per chair on their beach (similar to Rainbow Beach).

They did not enforce this while we were there, but it would have been well worth it. We spent most of our time in the shaded restaurant area and in the cabanas. There were very few people there. When we received our final bill, there was no $10 charge.

• 2 months later...

I requested information regarding day passes at The Buccaneer for January 2018. Here is their response:

We have two options in regards to day passes for you to consider

1. Limited Day Pass - $60 per person – includes lunch (beverages not included) and a beach chair at the Grotto or Mermaid. Does not include non-motorized water sports (kayaks, snorkeling gear, paddleboards) pool access or towels.

2. Full Day Pass - $125 per person – includes lunch (beverages not included), a beach chair at the Grotto or Mermaid and non-motorized watersports (kayaks, snorkeling gear, paddleboards). Pool access is not included.

Limited passes are available each day with prearrangement & prepayment required with reservations at
OR 800-255-3881. Please note coolers are not permitted on property.

The lunch is at either The Grotto or The Mermaid and includes any one item from the regular lunch menu.

This is more costly than I have previously seen reported on Cruise Critic, so I thought it might be helpful to anyone considering a day at The Buccaneer. The reservations and concierge staff have been very responsive, informative and friendly.

• 3 weeks later...
I requested information regarding day passes at The Buccaneer for January 2018. Here is their response:

We have two options in regards to day passes for you to consider

1. Limited Day Pass - $60 per person – includes lunch (beverages not included) and a beach chair at the Grotto or Mermaid. Does not include non-motorized water sports (kayaks, snorkeling gear, paddleboards) pool access or towels.

2. Full Day Pass - $125 per person – includes lunch (beverages not included), a beach chair at the Grotto or Mermaid and non-motorized watersports (kayaks, snorkeling gear, paddleboards). Pool access is not included.

Limited passes are available each day with prearrangement & prepayment required with reservations at
OR 800-255-3881. Please note coolers are not permitted on property.

The lunch is at either The Grotto or The Mermaid and includes any one item from the regular lunch menu.

This is more costly than I have previously seen reported on Cruise Critic, so I thought it might be helpful to anyone considering a day at The Buccaneer. The reservations and concierge staff have been very responsive, informative and friendly.

Another prime example of why I never go to the east end! Stay west where you get value for your money.