Shows not to miss on the Anthem

ILOVESHIPS

well,i wrote you a reply and poof! it was gone.....

The bistro was nice we ate there twice a nice change from the nosy MDR and Windjammer.

Rather them rewrite what I wrote I am just including my last post on our March roll call.

I though the M&G was conducted very nicely...so improved from my Oasis disappointment, mimosas were a nice touch.

There certainly were some hiccups on this cruise.....but overall I found the ship to be beautiful, food to be above average, and drinks strong. Service was excellent for us....EXCEPT>>>CHOPS...I don't know what it is about us and steak specialty restaurants....but we just don't seem to hit it right...this time the service literally sucked......and it was Wednesday night so no excuse.

Saturday night at Wonderland was an exceptional experience. Food was "eventful" our server was very good. What I really enjoyed is that we were sat at a two top "booth" in between 2 tables of 4 both parties were just beginning to be served their meals as we sat down so we were able to share in their experience as well.....and got to see the melting "world" 3 times....

The Activities were very entertaining...The Escape puzzle room was my favorite, we had scheduled that for the first sea day right after the M&G, they only do 4 groups of 12 on sea days, so I was most pleased we were able to participate. Next I had scheduled IFLY for 11:20 on Tuesday...but everyone knows what happened....... we were fortunate to fit it in on Friday this came in a close second fave with the North Star......and then the bumper cars at sea....how novel is that.

Did any one do the Circus school?

The reserved shows were OK...I found the acting quite good...but the story line if there was a story line for Spectra was forgettable...as I said before 15 m i n u t e s tooooooooo long...GIFT brought tears to my eyes.....We will Rock You...now I know why my son said that we should not bother to see it when he lived in London a few years back, again acting and singing good it just did not move me one way or the other.

I checked out the other evening venues and enjoyed some shows , dancing , drinks and music. Gambling was fun, I left some, but I was able to play with the ships money for a good long time. I liked they had a dealer for Texas hold'em.

The Concierge in the concierge lounge was very disappointing...he seemed to be unable to answer some very basic questions and told me I should make my own reservation for the spa.

I did purchase a band for 4.99 and got my money's worth.....just from being able to open the cabin door.

We enjoyed the food at Johnny rockets one day, I agree tables did not seem to be cleared quickly there or in the windjammer.

Our TA had comp. us soda packages, so I was anxious to try the machines out......and what fun they were needless to say we did not get our money's worth on them but I did enjoy the sparking and flavored H20.

You'll have a great time...even with a change of itinerary a due to a propulsion problem, so some very unhappy guests.

BTW we live in the same city. Enjoy

Edited by land lover

All three production shows are worth seeing. They include The Gift, (which no one seems to understand but is very beautiful to watch) Specta's Cabaret (singing, silks, ropes, etc...kinda trippy) and We Will Rock You (Broadway Queen show). As for headliner shows, look in the compass to see what they are and if they are of interest to you personally. They also do some game show type things like a version of the newlywed game and battle of the sexes. One night they will do Name that Tune. RCCL has bought the rights to the TV show and they do a true production show of the game show with the dancers, singers and ten passenger competitors. It is really fun to watch (and compete in if you get picked).

The three shows requiring reservations are all worth seeing, We Will Rock You has a silly plot, but the music of Queen is great and some of the other classic rock references are amusing. Spectra's Cabaret starts out like a funky electric kool-aid acid test but then includes a lot of other music and visuals. The Gift is also well done.

I had read so many negatives about these shows and was pleasantly surprised. I teared up at the end of The Gift. Spectra's Cabaret isn't my kind of thing but the performers are all so talented and the venue is really interesting. I really enjoyed WWRY, such talent on that stage, the show flew by for me. Go in with an open mind, sit in the back and leave early if its not your thing. Also, at least on my sailing, reservations are not required, plenty of seats for walkins.

All three production shows are worth seeing. They include The Gift, (which no one seems to understand but is very beautiful to watch) Specta's Cabaret (singing, silks, ropes, etc...kinda trippy) and We Will Rock You (Broadway Queen show).

Second that.

Enjoyed every one of them.