Comfort Inn for Atlantis Tickets

iamchrisstone

• 11 months later...

Hello! Has anyone done Comfort Inn to get Atlantis access recently? This thread is a bit dated so I just wanted to check if the process has changed at all. Can you still check in and out at the same time? We will be in Nassau in October 2019 with our ship in port from noon to 7pm. The room price, even with taxes and fees, beats the shore excursion price by a mile! Thanks for any updates from anyone who did this in 2018! 🌊

• 3 weeks later...

I did this the last time I was there but it was about 15 years ago.  We will be there in May 2019 and was wondering if this is still the way to go.

Looking at Bahamadaypass.com and it will be $400 for the 3 of us and we are only in port from about 10am-7pm. Comfort suites will be about $300 for the 3 of us

Me, my wife and 4 year old son. Thinking this is the best option for my little guy rather than going to a beach by ourselves someplace.

On 2/2/2019 at 7:34 PM, HodgeNNicole said:

Looking at Bahamadaypass.com and it will be $400 for the 3 of us and we are only in port from about 10am-7pm. Comfort suites will be about $300 for the 3 of us

Are you sure about that?  I've priced the options as well for our visit, and the Comfort Suites option has not been much less, if any.  When checking the Comfort Suites, make certain that you're getting the price after taxes and fees added... that is, select your number of adults/children, choose the date, pick the cheapest room choice.. then make sure to click the 'BOOK ROOM' to see the total after the taxes and fees are applied...   

the Day Pass option (to me anyway) looks like the better value in May (value season) @ $135/adult and $93/child

The Comfort Suites option... the room may be ~ $300, but taxes and fees look like they would be another $130

• 3 weeks later...

We did this July 2018. There were six of us, adults. We booked 2 rooms at Comfort Suites. Price, including taxes, etc came to $129/pp

The price on the ship was $189.99/pp or $159/pp direct through Atlantis.

We taxied over to Comfort Suites, everyone showed ID and got a wristband. The lady at the desk gave us clear walking directions over to Atlantis, where we checked in. Easy and fast. No issues whatsoever. We got there well before other people on our ship.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Keep in mind that depending on the time of year, the pool / park hours change as the days get shorter.   In the fall and winter months, the park closes at 5pm  (some day's earlier as it gets dark at 4:40 or so.   

In the spring, summer, the pools/park are open until 7

On 2/24/2019 at 12:18 AM, Knev04 said:

Has anyone done this in 2019?  Wondering if Comfort Inn still allows this before we book a room. Thanks. 

'Currently, this is still true.   But Atlantis is up for sale,  so things may change in the coming season.   Noone knows what 2020 will bring.

• 5 months later...

A few things to consider if you decide to not purchase through the cruise ship.  The day passes sell out.  If you ship doesn't get there till later, you may not be able to get the day pass if you plan on getting the passes that day.  We took that route one time, got off the ship, taxi'd over and got the day pass, but we heard it does sell out so we were lucky.  If you choose that route, I'd recommend you purchase in advance through the Atlantis website.  Right now the cost is $168 for March (when we are going).  We just booked the Comfort Suites since it was cheaper.  We are 2 adults and two 15 year olds so under and 16 and no additional $40 (which is what they charge for the 3rd and 4th adult).  Even with the fees, we are still saving almost $40 per person ($160 total) as opposed to booking directly via the cruise ship or Atlantis directly (day pass).  I spoke to the front desk (not the 800 rez #) and confirmed, it's still the same process from when we booked them years ago.  You check in to "get" the wrist bands anytime (we are 11 am) and just tell them you don't need the room (most don't).  There's free breakfast and you can eat before walking over (it's right next door). (oh and the hours at the waterpark will supposedly be extended an extra hour after the time change for Daylight Savings on March 8).   

Edited by SRQMom

On 2/1/2020 at 5:49 PM, SRQMom said:

A few things to consider if you decide to not purchase through the cruise ship.  The day passes sell out.  If you ship doesn't get there till later, you may not be able to get the day pass if you plan on getting the passes that day.  We took that route one time, got off the ship, taxi'd over and got the day pass, but we heard it does sell out so we were lucky.  If you choose that route, I'd recommend you purchase in advance through the Atlantis website.  Right now the cost is $168 for March (when we are going).  We just booked the Comfort Suites since it was cheaper.  We are 2 adults and two 15 year olds so under and 16 and no additional $40 (which is what they charge for the 3rd and 4th adult).  Even with the fees, we are still saving almost $40 per person ($160 total) as opposed to booking directly via the cruise ship or Atlantis directly (day pass).  I spoke to the front desk (not the 800 rez #) and confirmed, it's still the same process from when we booked them years ago.  You check in to "get" the wrist bands anytime (we are 11 am) and just tell them you don't need the room (most don't).  There's free breakfast and you can eat before walking over (it's right next door). (oh and the hours at the waterpark will supposedly be extended an extra hour after the time change for Daylight Savings on March 8).   

hiSRQ! Thanks for this update. We’re also heading there this March on carnival and I nearly does when I just priced a day pass for 4 of us -two adults and two kids under 14. I’m unsure if the hotels are the same because I’ve seen posts with Comfort Suites bs Comfort inn. The one I’ve located reasonable is the Comfort Suites paradise island....is this the same you’ve booked? Thanks in advance!!

V

Yes, vanchelle, it's the Comfort Suites Paradise Island.  A LOT of their rooms are "booked" by cruisers who have no intention of using the room, just check in/out that morning just to get the access bands.  I just tell people to add up the costs and typically you'll save money especially if there are 4 of you.  Definitely if 1 or two are under age 16.  Have fun! 

• 2 months later...

Question...does someone need to be 21+ or even older in the party? When we sail, the kids want to go. There are six of them (so we’d need two rooms) ranging in age from 15-20. My 20 year old will be one month shy of 21st birthday. Just want to know up front if that will cause an issue. The resortforaday/bahamasdaypass just says under 18 must have someone over 18 with them. But two rooms is a savings of about $124 over that option. 

Also, can anyone compare Atlantis to CocoCay WaterPark? Is it worth twice the price? And more...because there’s taxis and food cost involved in Atlantis. 

I believe that the age requirement for each room is 18.  So you will need at least 2 ppl that are 18 or older.   They will need ID and a credit card in his/her name. Not yours if you are not registering as a guest.     They will need to be responsible for all both at Comfort Suites and at Atlantis.   All guest must be present when registering. 

Minimum check in age is 21 at Comfort Inn and Suites.

That said, this is showing up now under the alerts for the hotel. Don't know if this is because of the pandemic or a permanent change.

Hotel Alerts

Effective immediately. Same day one night bookings will not have access to Atlantis amenities. Advanced booking is required.

Food and beverage options at this hotel may be limited or unavailable at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Starting 11/15/2019 new fees will be apply. The following tax and charges are applicable. 12 Value Added Tax, 11.2 Resort Levy, 5.00 USD per person per day Housekeeping charge, 17.87 USD per person per day Utility Surcharge and 14.56 USD Hotel Service Charge per person per day. 40.00 USD added to the rate for 3rd and 4th adult, plus Valued Added Tax. Children 16 years and over are charged as adults. Children 12 years to 15 years are charges 37.43 USD per child per day (Housekeeping, Utility Surcharge and Hotel Service Charge), not included in total. Restaurant open for lunch and dinner. Free complimentary parking 24 hours.

Which website are you getting this age requirement?   I don't see it posted on the CSPI website, and I see that 3rd party sites like Bookings, etc say there are no age restrictions for check it.   It's confusing.

Last  summer my 19 year old grandson went with his friends,  none of which were 21.

Is this a new thing.   Just asking, it may have changed.

Edited by scubagirrl

7 minutes ago, scubagirrl said:

Which website are you getting this age requirement?   I don't see it posted on the CSPI website, and I see that 3rd party sites like Bookings, etc say there are no age restrictions for check it.   It's confusing.

Last  summer my 19 year old grandson went with his friends,  none of which were 21.

Is this a new thing.   Just asking, it may have changed.

This came directly from the hotel's website when you are booking a room.

• 2 years later...

Just wanted to see if this still works. I'm planning on being there in feburary and just want to make sure that if I book a room to check-in on the day we are on the island will I be able to get my day passes well before the 3pm check-in? thanks....

• 2 months later...
On 11/19/2022 at 10:40 AM, ldog122 said:

Just wanted to see if this still works. I'm planning on being there in feburary and just want to make sure that if I book a room to check-in on the day we are on the island will I be able to get my day passes well before the 3pm check-in? thanks....

I don't know if you have already gone, but this doesn't work. we are going in a week and I called and they said you don't get the passes til 3.  they said it has changed.