Poolside Music

psheik

Every Caribbean cruise that I've been on has had a band by the main pool. The hours vary, usually a couple of hours around lunchtime on sea days and a couple more sets through the afternoon. In between, you generally get some recorded music piped in. Blue Shade was the last one we saw and they were great, with lots of tropical tunes ---- and definitely steel drums. A few people often get up and dance --- and some even dance with the band.The band also plays on Island Night. Wish I were there now!!!

Actually this was probably one of my only complaints on my cruise through the Panama in March. 10 days long and we had taped music with one person playing the steel drum or a keyboard. Very disappointed, didn't ruin my holiday but we love listening to the band while laying by the pool. I did write it on the comment card but don't know if they are ever looked at them.

Joanne

03/??/05 Star Princess

05/12/04 Island Princess

03/25/04 Island Princess

08/15/03 Majesty of the Sea (b to b)

03/26/03 Sun Princess

12/15/02 Grand Princess

On the CP 5/22-5/29, "Deep Blue" played poolside a few hours per day. They were a five piece with a steel drum and a fun vocalist. When they weren't playing, you could hear the sound from the videos that were playing on the M.U.T.S. screen. The videos were generally 70s R&B, Disco and Funk. That was cool for us!

All the best!

Jay & Karen Turner

Mount Hope, Ontario

Westerdam 12/93

Statendam 10/95

Zenith 05/96

Westerdam 05/97

Norway 10/97

Westerdam 10/98

Sun Princess 10/99

Volendam 10/00

Volendam 10/01