Maya Chan review - any Questions?

tmn1016

Did any one have trouble with them emailing you back about making your payment? I emailed them back but no reply back yet

I did have that problem, but it turns out there were internet issues or email issues or something. They got back to me a couple days after I made the payment and all was well. Super people so far!

Jenn

Myrtle Beach[emoji267]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Our time in port to get off is 12pm. By the time I make it down the pier and get there it could be after 1. Any opinions if it would still be worth it to go here? If I've read correctly on the website once booked I can't cancel and change my mind for a refund.

I see from pictures that there are chairs in each area, other than the single bed are there lounger type chairs for sunbathing?

We were a group of five and under our palapa we had a mix of beach chairs and loungers, as well as a bed.

It was our perfect day. Best day of vacation by far.

My wife and I are headed back this coming October for our 7th visit. Love everything about Maya Chan and I understand the state came in and filled in all the pot holes and fixed up the road.

Anyone that's been there recently could you confirm the road condition?

Enjoy!

Kel:D

My wife and I are headed back this coming October for our 7th visit. Love everything about Maya Chan and I understand the state came in and filled in all the pot holes and fixed up the road.

Enjoy!

It is bumpy!

Enjoy!

Nope, last week was a bumpy as could be. We saw them working on it, but I can't say that it will be a big improvement, they were basically pushing mounds of sand into the holes. Still worth the trip, as you know!

Enjoy!

My dad was there this past week and aggravated some ongoing back issues due to the condition of the road. It seems that the road was graded a couple of days after his visit, and Maya Chan has posted pictures on facebook showing the updated conditions. It is, for the time being, pretty flat.

My dad was there this past week and aggravated some ongoing back issues due to the condition of the road. It seems that the road was graded a couple of days after his visit, and Maya Chan has posted pictures on facebook showing the updated conditions. It is, for the time being, pretty flat.

Thanks April,

I did see those photos! I guess this is something that has happened in the last few days? Always worth the drive.

Enjoy!

There is no map, it's a pretty small place. They assign you a palapa, don't worry, they are all close to the water. There is a main building where the bar, eating area and restrooms are. Everything is close. Very quaint. Can't wait to go back. We'll be there 2nd week of May.

Does anyone know of or have a map of MC showing the locations/types of the different assigned palapas or huts? Also, where are the restrooms located?

Are there any recommended "spots" close to restrooms that we might ask for?

TIA

There is no map, it's a pretty small place. They assign you a palapa, don't worry, they are all close to the water. There is a main building where the bar, eating area and restrooms are. Everything is close. Very quaint. Can't wait to go back. We'll be there 2nd week of May.

That's what I was going to say. I don't think there's a single bad spot. There are two restroom buildings, so nothing is too far. But you could just ask to be nearest one of the restrooms. The palapas seem to be organized by size of party. Everybody gets a chair in the shade, so some are bigger than others, if I am remembering correctly. We also used the hammocks closest to our palapa, they are first-come first-served.

I have heard of people being assigned the "tree house," but when we were there, it was open to all to go check out and use the power outlet. Other than the treehouse, they all kind of seemed the same. Some were set a little further back from the shoreline (one in particular was a set up for a large group and set back a little ways,) but all have great beach access.

I agree - not enough time to spend there to make it worth the trip.
I disagree. We got in at 11. We arrived at Maya Chan around noon. We are catching the cab back at 5. The last 2 hours there were only about 20 people here. It wass great. We could stay until 5.30.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

:D We are booked! I sent email to Mark this morning and got a reply in about 20 minutes with tons of info. I confirmed my reservation. Just waiting now for him to send the invoice so I can pay the deposit. Our only worry now is having to wait 8 months before going!

My understanding is that it may take a day or two to get the invoice. I'll have to watch for that then get it paid and we are done.

One thing I noticed in the MCB info was where it said since the renovation they can now accommodate up to 80 people. I had read elsewhere that the max was 35. If it is full, 80 still isn't an outrageous number of people, especially with assigned locations. I'm so excited to go---come on November!

I got my invoice the next day. He's pretty quick. Mark will be on our cruise in May so I'm looking forward to meeting him and his wife.

I'm not thrilled about the max capacity being 80 now. I know they are, but I liked Maya Chan because of the fact that there weren't a lot of people allowed on any given day and you felt special with all the personal attention you get. I'll have to see if that will change with the 80 capacity now.

I got my invoice the next day. He's pretty quick. Mark will be on our cruise in May so I'm looking forward to meeting him and his wife.

I'm not thrilled about the max capacity being 80 now. I know they are, but I liked Maya Chan because of the fact that there weren't a lot of people allowed on any given day and you felt special with all the personal attention you get. I'll have to see if that will change with the 80 capacity now.

Lynn,

If you haven't already done this? -- You might want to read Jane's book It Helps to Be Crazy -- The story of Maya Chan Beach. I picked up a copy through Amazon.

Fun read, although it makes you nervous about everything Mark, Jane and David had to do, to bring us this wonderful beach zone.

Which ship are you guys on? Have a wonderful cruise!