1 week from today (12/16)

larasmom

one week from today at this very time 3pm on 12/16 i will be sitting on board the majesty of the seas for my very first cruise

i am so excited. i am ready to pack now and fly down to miami and sit on a bench by the docks for the week........but i don't think my hubby and kids would appreciate me being gone for longer then 3 days from them.

I've really enjoyed sharing in your excitement here as the days and weeks slipped away. I hope that this vacation turns out to be all you dream about and so much more!

Please, please come back here and tell us what you experienced, the good and the not so good, what surprised you and what we all were able to let you know in advance. I am sure you will have a million little memories stored away and you will want to share with the next first-timer.

If you are like most of the folks here, it will take a number of weeks to settle back into reality once you've returned home. Its right about then that you start to count the days till the next cruise :D

am i forgetting anything?

IN MY CARRY ON BAG:

digital camera and charger

set sail pass

passport

cruise documents

credit card

health insurance card

license

cash (not sure how much to bring)

cell phone and charger

airline information

bathing suit

cover up

swim shoes

costmetics and meds

IN SUITCASE:

3 pairs of shorts

3 short sleeve tops

sneakers

dress shoes

3 dinner outfits (3 dressy pants and tops)

undies

bras

pjs

robe

extra bathing suit

extra cover up

1 pair of jeans and sweatshirt (to change into at the airport terminal before i fly home to freezing cold maryland)

am i forgetting anything?

I will be wearing a pair of capris and short sleeve top with sneakers on the plane and will just wear it to dinner my first night on the cruise. will be bringing my sandals in my carryon bag to change to.

so excited to go on my 3 day very first cruise

A couple of thoughts about packing...

We got caught once with all "his" things in one bag and all "her" things in another. "Her" luggage was missing for a day. That was a panicy situation. We now always pack with both person's things distributed between both bags.

We always carry a full change of clothing (including under-clothing) in the carry-on bag, just in case checked bags go missing.

Remember this is YOUR vacation.. you don't "have to" do everything. Be as busy or as laid-back as YOU want to be. Most of all enjoy!! Relax and go with the flow :)

Archived