Drake--Beach Update, Please?

nicknack

The beaches are coming back, slowly. Went to Rhythms last night for dinner and there is more sand washing ashore all the time, still lots of exposed rocks though unfortunately. Basically, all of the west end beaches are the same right now, less sand than before and rockier but certainly usable. You just need to wear sandals or water shoes to really enjoy them.

• 1 month later...
The beaches are coming back, slowly. Went to Rhythms last night for dinner and there is more sand washing ashore all the time, still lots of exposed rocks though unfortunately. Basically, all of the west end beaches are the same right now, less sand than before and rockier but certainly usable. You just need to wear sandals or water shoes to really enjoy them.

Hi Drake - Thanks for the beach update. We're going to stop in St. Croix in early January on the RC Jewel (first time visit). We're searching for recommendations of things to do (post-Maria). We're touring with our kids - us in our 50s and kids in their late 20s. Any suggestions? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not Drake but might suggest you consider a Tan Tan Tour (1/2 day) which is a really fun way to see parts of St. Croix. Another option would be to take a trip out to Buck Island....gorgeous beach, nice sail and good snorkeling.

I'm not Drake but might suggest you consider a Tan Tan Tour (1/2 day) which is a really fun way to see parts of St. Croix. Another option would be to take a trip out to Buck Island....gorgeous beach, nice sail and good snorkeling.

Solid ideas! I appreciate you answering @lovestx

Buck Island is the jewel of the Caribbean and something everyone should see!

Tan Tan Tours will take you on a wonderful tour of the island, have them take you to the tide pools if you're up for it.

Drake, is Freedom City up and running, chairs and umbrellas? We always went to Bill and his family, now not sure what to do.

Thanks.

I'm sorry guys, Freedom City is closed for good. Bill and the family left the island and the restaurant was basically demolished.

There is a go fund me going for them if you'd like to help, it has some incredible pictures of the damage.

https://www.go fund me.com/freedomcitysurf

I would suggest either Sandcastle of Rhythms, they're basically all we have left on the west end, to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

Drake you are our hero posting and filling us all in before our cruises! We will be visiting St. Croix at the end of January and are torn as to what beach we should adventure to during our stay! Do you have any recommendations? We are looking for a beach with sand, great views, a bar, bathrooms and chair rentals...any suggestions or is our wish list too big?

Thanks for your help, from Michigan where it's about -13 and 8" of snow haha! Can wait for the Caribbean sun!

• 3 weeks later...
Drake you are our hero posting and filling us all in before our cruises! We will be visiting St. Croix at the end of January and are torn as to what beach we should adventure to during our stay! Do you have any recommendations? We are looking for a beach with sand, great views, a bar, bathrooms and chair rentals...any suggestions or is our wish list too big?

Thanks for your help, from Michigan where it's about -13 and 8" of snow haha! Can wait for the Caribbean sun!

I'd go to Sandcastle! I think you'll enjoy it!