Regal Princess in Martinique

cruzysuzy

The original itinerary change info indicated that shore excursions would be up within 2 weeks; we are definitely past that now. [emoji57] We booked a private tour because we know exactly where we want to go, and Princess didn’t offer anything like that when we went last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stopped at Martinique on Princess cruises in 2000, 2005 and 2007. Not sure when Princess dropped it as a port. We enjoyed 2 of the stops there--it rained all day for the 3rd stop and I don't think we got off the ship. We did something like a combo of the walking tour and the trip up the coast to St. Pierre offered now and I did the 2-stop snorkeling excursion once. Enjoyed both. Have a great time when you're there!

We stopped at Martinique on Princess cruises in 2000, 2005 and 2007. Not sure when Princess dropped it as a port. We enjoyed 2 of the stops there--it rained all day for the 3rd stop and I don't think we got off the ship. We did something like a combo of the walking tour and the trip up the coast to St. Pierre offered now and I did the 2-stop snorkeling excursion once. Enjoyed both. Have a great time when you're there!

I believe they stopped going there because people just didn't like it due to the attitude of the people living there. It's just doesn't seem to be as friendly as other places in the Caribbean.

When shopping it's like they can't be bothered to talk to you & would rather serve the locals first.

I believe they stopped going there because people just didn't like it due to the attitude of the people living there. It's just doesn't seem to be as friendly as other places in the Caribbean.

When shopping it's like they can't be bothered to talk to you & would rather serve the locals first.

I believe you are correct. We didn't personally experience that attitude, but then we don't usually do much shopping on any island stop. The people leading our 2 excursions were great and the folks we encountered in St. Pierre were fine.

What day are you in Martinique? We are on the Dec 30th sailing of the Royal, and stop in Martinique on Jan 3 - there are several excursions listed for us. Given our timing, wondering if you are there new year's day, and if that is posing challenges for princess. ** just checked the itinerary and it is new year's day - betting that is causing issues as they do not rely on tourism like other islands**

You might want to consider a private tour operator (if they are running that day)

We are on this cruise. I believe Princess is having problems with booking excursions. Our stop is on New Years Day. Everything may be closed down. The only time we have been there was on a Sunday some years back most stores & many restaurants were closed. I called my Princess Vacation planner to fine out why on our cruise they have not posted any excursions but on other cruises they have. She put me on hold for a while. When she came back she really didn't have a answer. I told her what I thought about problems with the fact it is New Years Day. She hesitated then said you could be right.

As some others have said the last time we were there people did not seem friendly at all. We walked around a bit went over to a small beach near the ship. Some local children were playing they through dirt balls at us. We went into a bakery in town, I tried to order but the person was very rude. She through my credit card back at me when I was paying. It wasn't like we felt unsafe we just didn't feel welcome.

Given our past experience there we decided it would probably be a good idea to do a ships tour. We are cruising with 4 other couples. We want to plan something to do just not sure what??? Since Princess has not put any excursions up I have tried to contact a couple of private tour company's. One said they were already booked for the day, one has not responded. Guess we will wait to see what Princess will come up with. We are there for a long time 8 am - 7 pm. I really didn't want to stay on ship the whole day we sill see.

We are on this cruise. I believe Princess is having problems with booking excursions. Our stop is on New Years Day. Everything may be closed down. The only time we have been there was on a Sunday some years back most stores & many restaurants were closed. I called my Princess Vacation planner to fine out why on our cruise they have not posted any excursions but on other cruises they have. She put me on hold for a while. When she came back she really didn't have a answer. I told her what I thought about problems with the fact it is New Years Day. She hesitated then said you could be right.

As some others have said the last time we were there people did not seem friendly at all. We walked around a bit went over to a small beach near the ship. Some local children were playing they through dirt balls at us. We went into a bakery in town, I tried to order but the person was very rude. She through my credit card back at me when I was paying. It wasn't like we felt unsafe we just didn't feel welcome.

Given our past experience there we decided it would probably be a good idea to do a ships tour. We are cruising with 4 other couples. We want to plan something to do just not sure what??? Since Princess has not put any excursions up I have tried to contact a couple of private tour company's. One said they were already booked for the day, one has not responded. Guess we will wait to see what Princess will come up with. We are there for a long time 8 am - 7 pm. I really didn't want to stay on ship the whole day we sill see.

Look at the Dec 10 Royal roll call - we all posted what private excursions we booked (all highly rated). The cruise ones that they put up after I had booked looked pretty boring.